43 Flat Deck AC unit... >

43 Flat Deck AC unit...

Notices

43 Flat Deck AC unit...

Old 02-14-2021, 09:22 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 43 Flat Deck AC unit...

Can anyone tell me or show pics of how their AC unit is hooked up. I'm looking at a 43 and it seems as if the AC unit was partially installed. Curious where the water pump goes and where the water source comes from. Right now it sits in the closet just inside the cabin on the starboard side. Thermostat is installed and venting is there as well, I believe the water exit is plumb, just no water inlet. Looks like there is a through haul fitting in the floor of the closet but the supply line was ran to the bilge and possible going to be tapped into one of the strainers.
Old 02-14-2021, 02:41 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,248 Likes on 1,452 Posts

Endevor1 Chris has a 43 BT, Im sure he'll see this
Old 02-14-2021, 03:47 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Supply line is a thru hull ball valve fitting usually right under the AC unit. The pump is connected to this supply line then to the AC. The dump is a thru hull fitting horizontally mounted above the waterline. No pix right now of mine but after 21 years and lots of use, my AC water pump finally gave up the last time out in 2020. We use the heck out of it during summer as a nice escape from hot days. The BTs I’ve owned were equipped with CruiseAir systems. Pretty simple and easy to maintain.
Old 02-15-2021, 09:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by endeavor1
Supply line is a thru hull ball valve fitting usually right under the AC unit. The pump is connected to this supply line then to the AC. The dump is a thru hull fitting horizontally mounted above the waterline. No pix right now of mine but after 21 years and lots of use, my AC water pump finally gave up the last time out in 2020. We use the heck out of it during summer as a nice escape from hot days. The BTs I’ve owned were equipped with CruiseAir systems. Pretty simple and easy to maintain.
Where are your vents and returns? This one looks to be vented in the step, and the return is a vent in the door. They seem awfully close to each other and far from the V berth area.
Old 02-16-2021, 08:12 AM
Registered

Return is in the access door. One Vent is above the TV/sink, other is in v berth.

Last edited by endeavor1; 02-16-2021 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Add pix
Old 02-21-2021, 11:20 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by endeavor1

Return is in the access door. One Vent is above the TV/sink, other is in v berth.
Do you have any pics of the vent in the v berth area, and any idea how the ducting gets up that way?
Old 02-23-2021, 09:39 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by s022mag
Do you have any pics of the vent in the v berth area, and any idea how the ducting gets up that way?
ducting runs behind TV pictured above and is routed thru the top of the cabinets pictured here on the starboard side. The vent is round diffuser mounted on V Berth bulkhead/locker.

Old 02-23-2021, 09:56 AM
Registered

Received 125 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by s022mag
Can anyone tell me or show pics of how their AC unit is hooked up. I'm looking at a 43 and it seems as if the AC unit was partially installed. Curious where the water pump goes and where the water source comes from. Right now it sits in the closet just inside the cabin on the starboard side. Thermostat is installed and venting is there as well, I believe the water exit is plumb, just no water inlet. Looks like there is a through haul fitting in the floor of the closet but the supply line was ran to the bilge and possible going to be tapped into one of the strainers.
IMHO pulling off the strainer in the bilge would be the better option for a supply line. Better chance of not loosing your pump prime and no need for an additional strainer....