Notices

Duh!

Old 09-23-2007, 01:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by littlenige
It was reading about how some of you guys did indeed drive boats at incredibly young ages that opened my eyes a bit to the fact that it's not perhaps so unusual. However, if the title of the clip had been '11 y.o. girl driving a 30 powerboat at 35mph' I don't think I would have been so alarmed - but 75mph? Devil's advocate here but what if something broke at the business end and suddenly brute force behind the wheel was required??
I sort of agree. My son, now 12 has been driving my 41 Velocity for years. However I'm in the bolster next to him and on the throttles so all he really does is drive. If something goes wrong hopefully I'm in a position to do something, like pull the throttles since I never let go of them. Standing behind a young driver at those speeds I wouldn't do. I guess it all comes down to acceptable risk. My son has been driving boats for 10 years however I would never let him drive and throttle anything that goes oever 40mph. The mini cat is a little more dangerous, again he drives and I throttle. In that boat we both wear jackets and we both have kill switches that are always used. I did however install an over-ride just in case he gets tossed, I can get restarted and go pick him up.

As for jackets, he's in his last few months of the Mustang, Santa will be brining our matching Lifelines this Christmas.

Old 09-23-2007, 10:55 PM
Registered

Guys - Can't you read? She is a JETPILOT!! It is written all over her lifejacket, and with that she can do whatever she wants....
Old 09-23-2007, 11:17 PM
Registered

i am just glad you did not let chris and i steal this thread.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:17 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Kims
Guys - Can't you read? She is a JETPILOT!! It is written all over her lifejacket, and with that she can do whatever she wants....
Well now, THAT explains everything!
Old 09-24-2007, 08:24 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BOBCATMATHEWS
i am just glad you did not let chris and i steal this thread.
Nobody wants to hear about safety anyway- We're better off talking about cheap beer and even cheaper hookers.

We'll have to hook up at Worlds and continue our BS session then.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:32 AM
Registered

can't wait, i missed the last two years,out of town working.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:36 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BOBCATMATHEWS
can't wait, i missed the last two years,out of town working.
Isn't the whole point of living in the Keys is that all work is so far away, there's no temptation to do anything even remotely industrious?
Old 09-24-2007, 10:37 PM
Registered

down here it is called keys disease,you start off well,then maybe miss a couple mondays,tuesdays,weds,thur,fri, see that i got to lazy to spell out the days,if you show up for work you are a one eyed man amongst the blind.(i should have stopped typing after my tiger com rant.)
Old 09-30-2007, 09:19 PM
Registered

I think a little lower speeds would be necessary, along with a better vest. Although I see nothing else wrong with it. When the camera stops I would bet they are atleast 3/4 - 1 mile from the bridge and the dad stopped the camera and slowed her down. I would also say he probably had one hand on the throttles and one on the camera. As far as the kill switch, we will never know, just hope she was wearing one.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:04 AM
Registered

She drives better than that guy in the fountain jumping a cruiser wake.

Quick Reply: Duh!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.