Notices

Duh!

Old 12-11-2007, 10:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
There's no reasonable justification for a 11 year-old to be behind the wheel of any high-performance boat.

None.

Lanyard, proper PFD, nothing. (and that vest was a joke)

And I'm doubting that at the speed they were running that she made a swift panic turn at that bridge opening. I'd like to see the rest of the tape.

My guess is she's not on the list of named operators on the boat's insurance policy either.

I am a 21 year old girl and I started driving my dad's 95MPH checkmate at the age of 9!!! Now I have my own 35 Sonic...You need to teach your kids at a young age how to handle high performance boats, god forbid something ever happens to the dad or mom and the kids needs to drive!! I feel sorry for your kids man.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Alright buzzkill............... My reasoning is simple. Its a free country and he can do what ever the hell he wants to do, which includes letting his daughter drive the boat. I'm sorry if your parents weren't as cool, but clearly he is not the only one who does this with his kids.

If we all follow your reasoning we'd be living in a kevlar box so that we don't ever get hurt or feel unsafe by what someone else is doing.

Need I dare challange you to live on the wild side every once in a while.........
Right on brotha!! I was a young little daddy's girl driving the fast boats and everyone would ask my dad whats a matter with him letting his little girl drive this performance boat at top speeds, but he knew that I was the only one he would let drive and thottle his boats besides him even at the age of 9!! Now I am 21 and have my own 35SS!! Its all thanks to my dad, he got me in young and now my Fiance is jealous!! He never gets to drive!!
Old 12-13-2007, 02:12 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 346 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Powerboat713
I am a 21 year old girl and I started driving my dad's 95MPH checkmate at the age of 9!!!
A Checkmate at 95 mph???

I'm sure that was easy to drive!!!
Old 12-13-2007, 08:24 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,371 Likes on 466 Posts

Holy crap, what a bunch of dicks, no wonder I dont hope to see many of you on the water! my daughter learned to ride a 4 wheeler on her 7th birthday, drove my donzi on her 9th, my formula on her 10th and can drive the Tiger on her 11th, now 12th. She drives my Jeep when we offroad, and had better street manners and observations than most of the buttplug hypocrites on this site...oh yeah, she knew the meaning of hypocrite at 3...I would trust her more than you hypocritical mental midgets anyday... She has learned from day 1 how to be safe and courtious...retards..
Old 12-14-2007, 06:30 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by OldSchool
A Checkmate at 95 mph???

I'm sure that was easy to drive!!!
That's nothing. My dad was an astronaut and he used to let me drive his spaceship any time I wanted. When I was 9, me and my buddies took it to the moon once but he didn't know. Don't tell anybody- he could still get in trouble!
Old 12-14-2007, 09:27 AM
Registered

After reading all this I've decided to stop doing anything with my kids, put them in a box and take them back out when they turn 18 and can make better decisions for themselves.

They may not have any fun in their life until then but at least they will be safe
Old 12-14-2007, 10:41 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by RonS
After reading all this I've decided to stop doing anything with my kids, put them in a box and take them back out when they turn 18 and can make better decisions for themselves.

They may not have any fun in their life until then but at least they will be safe
lmao, now THATS funny!
Old 05-05-2010, 04:14 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 346 Likes on 117 Posts

Old 05-05-2010, 04:28 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
Holy crap, what a bunch of dicks, no wonder I dont hope to see many of you on the water! my daughter learned to ride a 4 wheeler on her 7th birthday, drove my donzi on her 9th, my formula on her 10th and can drive the Tiger on her 11th, now 12th. She drives my Jeep when we offroad, and had better street manners and observations than most of the buttplug hypocrites on this site...oh yeah, she knew the meaning of hypocrite at 3...I would trust her more than you hypocritical mental midgets anyday... She has learned from day 1 how to be safe and courtious...retards..
lmao, good find, wow..07, guess no one can say I didn't try to be nice to him
Old 05-06-2010, 05:28 PM
Registered

There was another video of the same girl driving. You can hear her dad say "slow down, you can't jump that ferry wake". She did.

I am the father of 1 year old twins, and when I feel they are ready, they can drive the Donzi. I think the key here is "adult supervison". The father in that second video was obviously watching very closely. I think it is pretty cool that she was not only driving, but running the throttles as well.

Quick Reply: Duh!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.