'04 Lip-Ship Gun destroyed >

'04 Lip-Ship Gun destroyed

Notices

'04 Lip-Ship Gun destroyed

Old 06-11-2008, 05:09 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
That boat will be on Ebay by 4th of July fully repaired and no mention of the mishap

I'd love to wade up in there and ease off with those 525s and ITS but I heard that was the only way they were able to locate the boat right after the wreck - the engines screaming up in the woods!

Probably stretched a couple rod bolts but I'd still love to get my hands on that hardware!
Old 06-11-2008, 05:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Croozin,
I will be home for the royal purple run. Swapped out a week with my releif. Gave him the 4th of july. We got a parking spot at the prop stop. Lea told me she spoke to you a few weeks ago. Lets do the capt's party in Baton Rouge that thursday. Going down river, what side was it on? Did not realize it happened at night!!!!!!!! Sounds like a repeat of what happened to "storm debri" a while back. Lets all take notice and remember that we are responsible for all our passengers safety and the people around us.
Old 06-11-2008, 05:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by team Tickfaw
Croozin,
I will be home for the royal purple run. Swapped out a week with my releif. Gave him the 4th of july. We got a parking spot at the prop stop. Lea told me she spoke to you a few weeks ago. Lets do the capt's party in Baton Rouge that thursday. Going down river, what side was it on? Did not realize it happened at night!!!!!!!! Sounds like a repeat of what happened to "storm debri" a while back. Lets all take notice and remember that we are responsible for all our passengers safety and the people around us.
Capt's party at Hooters? OK, twist my arm!!!

The wreck happened in almost the same spot as Storm Debris. Maybe one curve more or less and on the same side, to the left going down stream.

Law enforcement will be like flies on $hit for the rest of the Summer. Definitely will be drinking some vitamin water until we get the boat back on the lift in the evenings.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:41 PM
Registered

Croozin,O.K. See you at the capt party then. 7 pm thursday. Not the hooters on college drive. Last year we all gathered up after and went to Gold Club. VERY interesting. Lea wore glitter for a week.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:53 PM
Registered

What an idiot!
Old 06-16-2008, 09:09 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

and thats why its so phuckin hard to get reasonable insurance rates, thank god everyone was ok.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:16 PM
Banned

If he has 380 K-plans on there ,i would like to buy them .
Could someone ask him if he would sell them ?!

Maybe wait till he calms down a bit.

And lucky that no one was hurt.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by daredevil
If he has 380 K-plans on there ,i would like to buy them .
Could someone ask him if he would sell them ?!

Maybe wait till he calms down a bit.

And lucky that no one was hurt.
DD, proabably a good idea on the cooling off period! He is my neighbor but I don't think I want to approach him this soon after the incident!! But, when I ask him about my 525s and ITS, I'll ask about your K-Planes too!

No tellin what will happen to this boat. From what I hear, it could be repaired. But, unless insurance is going to cover the bill, I wouldn't want to dump that much money back into it. Part it out and start over.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:34 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Roger 1
Even though it's not mine, it still pi$$e$ me off to see that!
I've kept quiet, but I totally agree......this will put a lot more attention on the Top Guns in the river AGAIN this summer. Can't really blame the Law for it......this sort of incident is making a bad name for all of us! Most of the police attention was previously focused on the smaller boats.

Wouldn't be surprised if a speed limit is posted on the river in the near future.

Straight bottom or stepped, the throttles will move in both directions........especially when turning!!!
Old 06-17-2008, 09:57 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by CignificantOther
I've kept quiet, but I totally agree......this will put a lot more attention on the Top Guns in the river AGAIN this summer. Can't really blame the Law for it......this sort of incident is making a bad name for all of us! Most of the police attention was previously focused on the smaller boats.

Wouldn't be surprised if a speed limit is posted on the river in the near future.

Straight bottom or stepped, the throttles will move in both directions........especially when turning!!!

Can't agree more with everything you said. We typically don't get harassed much because I don't like attracting unnecessary attention to our boat. I maintain a safe speed, observe the "rules of the road" and keep my passengers on the calm side. I don't mind anyone having a good time but when you start acting stupid, you will find yourself on the nearest dock - and quickly.

I, too, look for a speed limit very soon and much more stringent "courtesy stops". Just another incident at a river that has a very unforgiving history. There has been at least a fatality a year for the past several. Maybe we will get out of this one without another.

Quick Reply: '04 Lip-Ship Gun destroyed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.