'04 Lip-Ship Gun destroyed >

'04 Lip-Ship Gun destroyed

Notices

'04 Lip-Ship Gun destroyed

Old 06-17-2008, 12:26 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Croozin2
DD, proabably a good idea on the cooling off period! He is my neighbor but I don't think I want to approach him this soon after the incident!! But, when I ask him about my 525s and ITS, I'll ask about your K-Planes too!

No tellin what will happen to this boat. From what I hear, it could be repaired. But, unless insurance is going to cover the bill, I wouldn't want to dump that much money back into it. Part it out and start over.
Hi there,
if he realy thinks about repairing it ? I know the company to go to, It would be alot stronger and still run the same than it did.
The Guy there know's his $hit, had my old boat repaired there and i am racing the pi$$ out of it. NO problems what so ever.
And ya still ask him about the tabs, i only need the bottom plates not the whole thing.
Thanks.
Old 06-17-2008, 03:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by team Tickfaw
Croozin,O.K. See you at the capt party then. 7 pm thursday. Not the hooters on college drive. Last year we all gathered up after and went to Gold Club. VERY interesting. Lea wore glitter for a week.
Hey guys..what's the itinerary..where is the Capt. meeting and where is the pre party on Friday..Thanks Jeff

I also wanted to say I'm glad that no one was hurt, and a lesson was learned not only by the driver and occupants but it will teach us all to be more careful and considerate when operating a vessel with this big poker run coming this weekend. Let's all be safe out there..no alcohol till finished, no late night driving to fast...and...only thongs and no bongs on all boats, at least that should be brought up at the drivers meeting
Old 06-17-2008, 04:35 PM
Registered

Capt party thursday nite at 7 pm Hooters in Baton Rouge. There is 2 hooters, it is NOT the one on college drive. Forgot what the name of street its on. This is one we go to.
Capt party Friday nite at Hooters in New Orleans, have to go to web site to see address.
Friday from 2-7 PM at Sun Buns (canal at Manchac Pass) bar will be open and live band "Wasted Days" will be playing. Good local band. This will be a good pre-run and a chance to just hang out with some really down to earth good people.
Friday night will be a good time to be had at Tin Lizzies as always with all the locals. This is where Lea and I will be. Resturant is open also till around 9 pm.
Jassman hope to meet you and all others at some point over weekend. You can ask anyone behind bar at sun buns or Tin Lizzies and they will point us out.
You are right about the drinking and driving. Sunday night wildlife and fisheries had a check point at the no wake zone at Tin Lizzies. Have never seen that and I'm there most every weekend. Seen a couple of people get hauled in to the "drunk shack" under the bridge over the weekend also. Our TV coverage from the river on TRU TV was not very flattering and and we may see an increase in boat checks.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:52 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by team Tickfaw
Capt party thursday nite at 7 pm Hooters in Baton Rouge. There is 2 hooters, it is NOT the one on college drive. Forgot what the name of street its on. This is one we go to.
Kenny/Jass, it's the Hooters on Siegen Lane. Very easy to find. If you're coming in from the Tickfaw, take 12 to Airline Highway, go South on Airline Hwy a couple miles to Siegen Lane. The intersection is Siegen if you turn right and Sherwood Forest Blvd to the left. Turn right and Hooters is down about a mile. If you pass I-10 you've gone too far.

See you guys there.

I'm gonna try to get outta the shop around 4:30 if possible and make a run to Sun Buns. If nothing else, I've gotta get gas Friday evening.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:26 PM
Registered

What kind of fuel mileage does that boat get on land?
Old 06-17-2008, 06:57 PM
Registered

Croozin, We will get to hooters around 7 I think. Don't know if we will take boat out friday or not. Put gas in her before we left last weekend. May just drive Lea's "scooter pooter" over to sun buns and get Damon to pick us up.
Have you SEEN the water in Mauspas???? It is lime green. Never seen this before. Did the firemans run and was shocked. Heard it was from when spillway gates were open.
Talked to the people that picked up the two that were in the water from the accident. Is the boat still in the trees? Looked for the entry into the swamp and never could find it.....
Old 06-17-2008, 08:53 PM
Registered

Thanks for the directions. Never been to this one.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:58 PM
Registered

How the hell are they going to get that boat out of there?
Old 06-18-2008, 10:46 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Actually, got the boat out Monday. Cut a bunch of trees to get some room, used come-alongs to get it near the water's edge and lifted it with a track-hoe and set it on a barge. Rumor is insurance is picking up the tab and all they want out of the boat is engines/drives. The rest will probably be salvaged. Shame.
Old 06-18-2008, 11:03 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by B one
What kind of fuel mileage does that boat get on land?
Good One

Quick Reply: '04 Lip-Ship Gun destroyed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.