'04 Lip-Ship Gun destroyed

Notices

'04 Lip-Ship Gun destroyed

Old 06-18-2008, 11:05 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Croozin2
Actually, got the boat out Monday. Cut a bunch of trees to get some room, used come-alongs to get it near the water's edge and lifted it with a track-hoe and set it on a barge. Rumor is insurance is picking up the tab and all they want out of the boat is engines/drives. The rest will probably be salvaged. Shame.
How do you buy the salvage. I'd like to strip the rest of the rigging out of that boat.

Except the k-planes. Anyone, Anyone?
Old 06-18-2008, 01:07 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by team Tickfaw
Capt party thursday nite at 7 pm Hooters in Baton Rouge. There is 2 hooters, it is NOT the one on college drive. Forgot what the name of street its on. This is one we go to.
Capt party Friday nite at Hooters in New Orleans, have to go to web site to see address.
Friday from 2-7 PM at Sun Buns (canal at Manchac Pass) bar will be open and live band "Wasted Days" will be playing. Good local band. This will be a good pre-run and a chance to just hang out with some really down to earth good people.
Friday night will be a good time to be had at Tin Lizzies as always with all the locals. This is where Lea and I will be. Resturant is open also till around 9 pm.
Jassman hope to meet you and all others at some point over weekend. You can ask anyone behind bar at sun buns or Tin Lizzies and they will point us out.
You are right about the drinking and driving. Sunday night wildlife and fisheries had a check point at the no wake zone at Tin Lizzies. Have never seen that and I'm there most every weekend. Seen a couple of people get hauled in to the "drunk shack" under the bridge over the weekend also. Our TV coverage from the river on TRU TV was not very flattering and and we may see an increase in boat checks.

Good deal.... see ya guys Thursday....
Old 06-18-2008, 01:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wahhoo................let the games begin. I will be wearing a black LSU button up shirt.
Old 06-18-2008, 02:58 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff1000man
How do you buy the salvage. I'd like to strip the rest of the rigging out of that boat.

Except the k-planes. Anyone, Anyone?
Don't know but I'm trying to find out. Got a few things I'd like to have out of it.
Old 06-18-2008, 03:31 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Croozin2
Don't know but I'm trying to find out. Got a few things I'd like to have out of it.
Let me know if you need a partner, obviously you are closer to the situation than I am.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:58 PM
Registered

Received 993 Likes on 527 Posts

Why do T/S Cigs tend to be the leader of the pack in these kind of accidents? Fountains are more plentiful yet they don't go over as much as Cigs.

1. LipShip Gladiator Blue/Silver Texas
2. Storm Debris 38 TG - Tickfaw
3. Current 38 TG - Tickfaw
4. F2 38 TG - LOTO
5. NJ TG - Last weekend
6. NJ TG - about 2 years ago/ boat was recently for sale damaged
7. Lipship Gladiator - Biscayne Bay late last year

These are just the ones on the top of my head. The only Fountain I can think of is Cashbar's incident.......
Old 06-18-2008, 09:10 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Why do T/S Cigs tend to be the leader of the pack in these kind of accidents? Fountains are more plentiful yet they don't go over as much as Cigs.

4. F2 38 TG - LOTO
5. NJ TG - Last weekend

These are just the ones on the top of my head. The only Fountain I can think of is Cashbar's incident.......
They don't go fast enough
Old 06-18-2008, 09:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation

4. F2 38 TG - LOTO
5. NJ TG - Last weekend

8. Jassman's 00' single step spun out twice but due to his impecable driving ability he was able to upright his TG with all passenger's in tact

Old 06-18-2008, 09:46 PM
Registered

The single step at LOTO was practicing for the OSS race wasn't it?

As for fountians there are a lot of them that also wrecked. Remember the back half of the 38 sitting on the beach, then the 2 that were up in the trees.

Those are the 3 that come to mind off the top of my head, I am sure there are more.

Heck Morgan flipped a 28 Skater a couple of years ago at LOTO and the 30 with arnesons went over a year or so too. Does that make the small skaters dangerous?

There's plenty of accidents to go around for each mfgr.
Attached Thumbnails '04 Lip-Ship Gun destroyed-flip2.jpg  

Last edited by Von Bongo; 06-18-2008 at 09:52 PM.
Old 06-18-2008, 11:12 PM
Registered

Received 993 Likes on 527 Posts

Originally Posted by Von Bongo

There's plenty of accidents to go around for each mfgr.
Honeyman Skater, Bonefish Spectre............cats are all fast and subject to blowovers/wrecks. I wouldn't count any mechanical failure, alcohol related crashes or physical hits (like running aground, hitting a post) but I thought it was odd the amount of "Cig Spins" that have happened seemed out of proportion but maybe they just got more publicity than the competition.

Quick Reply: '04 Lip-Ship Gun destroyed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.