Notices

lights

Old 11-18-2009, 03:52 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 632 Likes on 293 Posts

Tell me about it. I had a VERY close encounter w a sailboat this year on my cruzier.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:49 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Quinlan
Tell me about it. I had a VERY close encounter w a sailboat this year on my cruzier.
Our lake is real small,the lights around it light it up pretty good,and i can see in the dark pretty good,I figure a close pass would make them turn there lights on,never has.

What I hate is the fishermen that have no lights and run alittle after dark,the little aluminum jon boats.no reflectors ,those are dangerous.Oyea a dark blue Kayak is camouflaged very well, they need those go cart flags on a pole
Old 11-20-2009, 07:58 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

hey guys...
i think the real objective is that one should make oneself seen...if i can't see you, no matter what lights i throw, shame on you for hiding...the reflective kayak flag and the rub rail lights put the onus on the operator...not some middle-aged guy's chitty eyesight or crappy instruments...i used to do fog runs in maine in a low freeboard 21, but we hung a radar-reflective ball from a fishing rod in a holder...30 years later there's been no close calls or accidents...everyone saw me...
no one sees well at night...but everyone sees a well lit object...
c
Old 12-04-2009, 09:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
my dock lights want even light up a reflector on my slip with in 10 foot,there a joke.

Sometime ill hit them when I see a boat headed towards me to help them see me. I'm thinking I can find a bulb with a clear lense.it looks like a 4inch.The sail boat are bad about no lights ,Ya can see the sail when ya buz them.they still want turn them on

Rob
I know you are thinking you are doing the right thing, but trust me, you have a good chance of confusing the hell out of the other guy coming at you.

Trust me. Happens here a lot...

If they are coming way too close to you, hit nearby with a spot light. They are a completely different lighting caliber and can easily be distinguished from a stern light.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:56 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Talking

Originally Posted by jswfl09
I know you are thinking you are doing the right thing, but trust me, you have a good chance of confusing the hell out of the other guy coming at you.

Trust me. Happens here a lot...

If they are coming way too close to you, hit nearby with a spot light. They are a completely different lighting caliber and can easily be distinguished from a stern light.
Good point,Thanks,so far Ive never had one head on,they no nothing about right away,I usually shut it down if they get close,to many bass boat out there and It is Mississippi too

Ive been thinking about getting a bulb that has a clear lens,I bought some 100watt aircraft landing lights that fit in the high beam hole on my 70 Chevelle.ya can see bugs running across the streetits a pencil beam,I just need to find some like that for the boat

Rob
Attached Thumbnails lights-chevelle-1-4-06-023-large-.jpg   lights-rez-large-.jpg  

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:13 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strip...look at these new led docking lights...no need to cut a hole in the hull...flush mount...and bright..I just put them on my boat this past weekend...
Attached Thumbnails lights-dsc01381_resize.jpg   lights-dsc01382_resize.jpg   lights-dsc01383_resize.jpg  

Old 12-08-2009, 10:56 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Originally Posted by boatman22
Strip...look at these new led docking lights...no need to cut a hole in the hull...flush mount...and bright..I just put them on my boat this past weekend...
I allready have holes,They do look cool

Old 12-09-2009, 07:55 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I had reg docking lights in mine also and they were ugly....
Old 12-09-2009, 11:24 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Originally Posted by boatman22
I had reg docking lights in mine also and they were ugly....

Did they cover the hole from the other light?

Old 12-09-2009, 05:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Yes they completely covered the hole.

Quick Reply: lights

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.