Caribbean OSOers Post Your Rides!!!!!!!

Notices

Caribbean OSOers Post Your Rides!!!!!!!

Old 06-06-2011, 09:48 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by nkosi
From Green Bay to the warm waters of the BVI.
Nice. Did you do the 2010 BVI poker run ? I have been going thru my pics from the last 2 years looking for pics of your boat as well.
Bob
Old 06-06-2011, 10:04 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
Nice. Did you do the 2010 BVI poker run ? I have been going thru my pics from the last 2 years looking for pics of your boat as well.
Bob
No, 2011 was my first year. How many times have you come down? Did you ever drive down yourself or always ship?
Old 06-06-2011, 10:19 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by nkosi
No, 2011 was my first year. How many times have you come down? Did you ever drive down yourself or always ship?
Last year I drove the boat from Ft Lauderdale to BVI arriving just in time for the poker run. Various OSO's and friends came along, with Jay staying aboard from Exumas thru to BVI. So I had one week in BVI then and came back a few weeks later for a final week before shipping the boat back to Florida aboard Sea Star Lines from St Thomas. That worked out well enough that I shipped back to St Thomas this February and spent some time each month in the Islands. We went "down island" and back going as far as Bequai in the Grenadines before returning for the grand finale at BVI poker. The boat is now back in Sea Star's terminal waiting on the next boat north to Ft Lauderdale. I plan on returning again next season. Just lovin the Islands.
Bob
Old 06-06-2011, 11:22 AM
Registered

Last year I drove the boat from Ft Lauderdale to BVI arriving just in time for the poker run. Various OSO's and friends came along, with Jay staying aboard from Exumas thru to BVI. So I had one week in BVI then and came back a few weeks later for a final week before shipping the boat back to Florida aboard Sea Star Lines from St Thomas. That worked out well enough that I shipped back to St Thomas this February and spent some time each month in the Islands. We went "down island" and back going as far as Bequai in the Grenadines before returning for the grand finale at BVI poker. The boat is now back in Sea Star's terminal waiting on the next boat north to Ft Lauderdale. I plan on returning again next season. Just lovin the Islands.
Bob
Now that's the way to enjoy a boat!
Old 06-06-2011, 12:00 PM
Registered
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bob
I followed your blogg last year on that adventure and this year's too. That's really the way to enjoy the islands and you do have the equipment for it.

Maybe one day nkosi, expat and I can do a mini run like that.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dammmagnum
Hello Guildroy

Are you talking about Bill Elswick's 44 Cigarette?

How do you like your Scorpion? i hear thay they were built very strong?

Thank you
Jim
Jim,. Im not sure. Long Shot was a boat I think was around here. In the BVI i think. It looked like apache or a Larry Smith. White and Mint Green.

As for the Scorpion. I havent put it in the water as yet. Rigging it as we speak. It was a "barn yard find". Brand new 1987. Never spashed. The original owner had it in a heated Garage for 20 years. Came with new steering, boxes, and SSM#3. Boat is WELL BUILT! Solid and lightweight.Picked it up from Scott at Speed and Custom Marine.
Ill be posting detailed pics of it. Just have to buy a New camera.

Stay tuned.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:47 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by guilderoy
Jim,. Im not sure. Long Shot was a boat I think was around here. In the BVI i think. It looked like apache or a Larry Smith. White and Mint Green.

As for the Scorpion. I havent put it in the water as yet. Rigging it as we speak. It was a "barn yard find". Brand new 1987. Never spashed. The original owner had it in a heated Garage for 20 years. Came with new steering, boxes, and SSM#3. Boat is WELL BUILT! Solid and lightweight.Picked it up from Scott at Speed and Custom Marine.
Ill be posting detailed pics of it. Just have to buy a New camera.

Stay tuned.
Hello Guilderoy

Thank you
Bill Elswick's LongShot was a black 39 Cigarette that race APBA Open Class in the 70/80s
You must be talking about this Long Shot, see the posting.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...76#post2065776

Within the next few years, i will be moving/retiring to Puerto Rico and at first was thinking about another 27 Magnum Sport for the island, but thinking maybe a longer boat for Island hoping would be better. I was thinking about a 32 Scorpion or Seahawk. thus the questions about your Scorpion.

Thank you
Jim
Old 06-06-2011, 01:57 PM
Registered

Maybe one day nkosi, expat and I can do a mini run like that.[/QUOTE]

That sounds like a plan to me. I'd like to do a Culebra/Vieques run sometime soon.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:04 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=Expat;3421402]I just sold this Tiger a few weeks ago but until I have a new ride here it's all I have.

This is what Expat's Tiger looks like now.
Attached Thumbnails Caribbean OSOers Post Your Rides!!!!!!!-021.jpg-small-version-.jpg  
Old 06-06-2011, 02:19 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=nkosi;3421751]
Originally Posted by Expat
I just sold this Tiger a few weeks ago but until I have a new ride here it's all I have.

This is what Expat's Tiger looks like now.
Gonna need a painter for the scorpion in a few months. Any ideas who i can contact up there?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.