Notices

Caribbean Scenery and Fun!

Old 06-09-2011, 09:10 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by BBB725
Bob have you ever been to Abaco?
I have not been to the Abacos and I hear it's absolutely beautiful. It is in my future boating plans tho and hoping to spend some time in northern Bahamas this fall but will see about that. I've done the Berry Islands, out to Nassau, the Eluthera chain. lots of time in the Exumas and southern Bahamas. Jay has some spectacular pics of the Bahamas but I know he is busy with events these days. His third pic in post 4 was when he flew out to the Exumas to join me last year. Later this morning I will start a thread devoted entirely to the Bahamas. Many OSO have been there, some with the Florida Powerboat Club and I am sure it will become a very active thread and subject.

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 06-09-2011 at 09:16 AM.
Old 06-11-2011, 08:44 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

More photos at Cow Wreck beach on Anegada.
Attached Thumbnails Caribbean Scenery and Fun!-pic_0271.jpg   Caribbean Scenery and Fun!-pic_0278.jpg  

Last edited by Expat; 06-11-2011 at 09:00 PM.
Old 06-11-2011, 08:54 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

A beach shot at Guana Island, BVI.
Attached Thumbnails Caribbean Scenery and Fun!-pic_0061.jpg  
Old 06-12-2011, 09:30 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Got a bunch of Anegada beach shots. Some better than others.
Attached Thumbnails Caribbean Scenery and Fun!-dsc_0018.jpg   Caribbean Scenery and Fun!-dsc_0042.jpg   Caribbean Scenery and Fun!-dsc_0055.jpg  

Old 06-12-2011, 01:47 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

That Tiger sure did attract the right kind of passengers!
Attached Thumbnails Caribbean Scenery and Fun!-28-great-day-only-beginning....jpg   Caribbean Scenery and Fun!-39-cigarette-girls.jpg   Caribbean Scenery and Fun!-64-ready-some-nighttime-cruisin.jpg  

Old 06-12-2011, 02:06 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

It's not the Tiger David, it's YOU !! LOL Don't you hate that with all those chicks climbing around your boat ! LOL I can tell.

I love that Guana Island pic as well with the rock so close to the beach / water. That is one place you have not taken me so .... next time.

Bob
Old 06-14-2011, 07:01 AM
Registered

Received 116 Likes on 71 Posts

Bob, I love following these threads. What a life you have! Beautiful places ! Dont stop posting, It gives us something to strive for! Just awesome....
Old 06-14-2011, 07:23 AM
Registered

I agree. This post is great. Looking at a map, it seems a very long distance between Turks and Puerto Rico. Do you stop in the Dominican Republic to get gas?

Last edited by UrbanDisturbance; 06-14-2011 at 10:19 AM.
Old 06-14-2011, 06:53 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by kreed
Bob, I love following these threads. What a life you have! Beautiful places ! Dont stop posting, It gives us something to strive for! Just awesome....
Thank you for your kind words. I have had concerns I was posting way too much here. I am just wanting to help this new section get established and once it has enough posters and momentum will be nice to see it carry on with minimum involvement from me. It will hopefully become a great little playground for some of our friends down in the Islands and a resource for those wanting to go down and spend some time there. Think we are off to a pretty good start.
Again, thanks.

Bob
Old 06-14-2011, 07:07 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by UrbanDisturbance
I agree. This post is great. Looking at a map, it seems a very long distance between Turks and Puerto Rico. Do you stop in the Dominican Republic to get gas?
Yes we had to stop at Ocean World Marina at Puerto Plata, DR as Puerto Rico was beyond our 400 mile range from T & C. It was our least favored stop of that whole trip but at the same time was an interesting experience. Contrary to what I was told and read, no bribes were asked for by any of the officials at DR. We over nighted there and the aggravation with dealing with about 7 different government departments including the Navy who served as drug enforcement. They took their sweet time and we waited almost 3 hrs for their arrival after all other clearances had been obtained. They were the only jurisdiction to actually go into my cabin, open every compartment and search for drugs. The next morning when we left for Ponce, PR it was the same thing all over again with same guys keeping us waiting until 11 AM for departure. It was dark by the time we arrived in Ponce that night, but as I said ..... an interesting experience. To many in the Islands, time has no meaning. Really quite different from my world but I am trying to learn from them. LOL Maybe I will live longer?

Bob

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 06-14-2011 at 07:09 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.