Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Checkmate
259 Upgrades >

259 Upgrades

Notices

259 Upgrades

Old 05-12-2007, 06:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by checkmate454mag
Sorry, I dont remember. Before I ordered them, I just ran a tape measure along the expected routing, then ordered the next longer cable. Just make sure you get good quality cables that have alot of flex. The bend up front is tight for cheaper cables.
Vinny,
I noticed your tab adjustment levers are close to your gear shift/throttle levers. Do you have enough room to get to them when throttling in the rough? Do you adjust the tabs much in high speed rough water rides?
Rob
Old 05-12-2007, 07:35 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

KellyO,

I have posted these pics before, but its no problem to post again. My cables come up under the gunnels, then swing around the front of the indicators and attach to the indicators from the front. Now, Livorsi makes those neat pop up indicators. They may fit as well as the thin line I used.

Vinny
Thanks. My indicator is up at the top of that dash section where your accessory bracket is, so I am trying bottom-fed indicator. I really wanted the stick indicator but there were no mounting options to get it to work.
Old 05-12-2007, 07:40 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by RJBBC
Do you have part numbers on the order. What did cost, if you don't mind me asking?
Got my stuff through Trick Marine. Think it was around $480 for cables, indicator, transom fittings, and actuators. Tabs I bought from here on the board after one of the previous discussions about this.
I got a 16 and 20 ft. cable for my ZT280. Those lengths leave a little extra for the cleanest install.
Old 05-12-2007, 08:36 AM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

Vinny,
I noticed your tab adjustment levers are close to your gear shift/throttle levers. Do you have enough room to get to them when throttling in the rough? Do you adjust the tabs much in high speed rough water rides?
Rob
Rob,

I have no issues when using the tab butons. There is enough room. Yes, I do adjust quite a bit while running in the ocean. In the bays, I just leave them up.

Vinny
Old 05-12-2007, 08:42 AM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Kelly O
Thanks. My indicator is up at the top of that dash section where your accessory bracket is, so I am trying bottom-fed indicator. I really wanted the stick indicator but there were no mounting options to get it to work.

Bottom feeding the indicators would be easier if you have the room to move the indicators higher than I did.

Rob,

If you run them like I did, you need longer cables than KellyO used.
Old 05-13-2007, 04:11 PM

Thank you Vinny and KellyO for the info. Now I have a plan. To execute the plan I am going to have to convince my wife it will improve slow speed handling making the boat safer to drive with small children onboard. This could take a while.
Old 05-13-2007, 09:29 PM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

It does improve low speed as well. Tabs are the only way to get rid of that porpoising this boats exhibit at low speeds.
Old 05-14-2007, 07:51 AM

It does improve low speed as well. Tabs are the only way to get rid of that porpoising this boats exhibit at low speeds.
Vinny,
I agree. It still will be difficult to convince the better half of the upgrade.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:43 AM
Registered

Received 760 Likes on 410 Posts

Vinny,
I agree. It still will be difficult to convince the better half of the upgrade.
It would be easier to convince her if you installed a governor on your beer drinking hand and stayed out of the dog house!
Old 05-15-2007, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
It would be easier to convince her if you installed a governor on your beer drinking hand and stayed out of the dog house!
Good point.

Quick Reply: 259 Upgrades

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.