Notices

boat shows

Old 01-31-2002, 07:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im glad, I dont want to see a boat like mine every time I turn around.
Old 01-31-2002, 08:54 PM
toonatime

One noticeable change at the Atlanta boat show was the lack of powerboats in general...Nice display by the new Fountain dealer, a couple Formulas,2 smaller Baja's, Barkley's great Pokerrun display..More fishing boats than ever..everybody is building one!!

Old 01-31-2002, 09:41 PM
J Berman

Wink

I will be heading to the Miami International Show in mid-Feb. and will let you know if I see any Checkmates. Its not really a bad thing that they are not at all of the shows. Hell, who wants to see 10 Bajas at every show!

Given the current economic climate there are many more lookers then buyers any way. It may be money well saved!

Jeff

Old 02-01-2002, 11:14 AM
CONVINCOR 300

Jeff......i'll make that bet with you...the Pulsare 2100(Checkmate's current 21' O/B) WILL run 80 on a mercury speedo. I have talked many 2100 owners they all say anywhere from 77- 82 w/225 EFI..turning a 25 Temptest! Back me up Fly-n-Ryan! As far as boat shows go...i would be interested to know..how many of the Check owners here bought there boat at a show???

Old 02-01-2002, 11:32 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Check300 I bought a new 253 in 1994 did all my shopping before any of the shows and got a better deal than I could at the show....It was my second Checkmate I had a 22 vision before that.I'll tell you what pissed me off when I went to make the move up from the 253 I could'nt find a demo 300 or a 33ZT any where.The guys at Gun lake are great but they never had one in stock, I saw ZT just before the delivered it but they would'nt let me demo it,thats ok it was'nt there boat.But who's going to drop over 100k and not drive the damn thing....not me! Tony and the guys at Gunlake are great but they did'nt take me seriously so I bought a 31 Sonic.....but I still love Checks
Old 02-01-2002, 12:15 PM
Platinum Member

Thumbs up

check 330; not really doggin you guys,but there are a lot of us who get cabin fever about this time of the year and it would have been nice to see more checkmates at these shows than all the damm bajas.we beat them on the lake so why not at the shows? your 300 pro-charged boat would have made a nice display by it self!! BILL

[ 02-01-2002: Message edited by: wild willy ]
Old 02-01-2002, 12:39 PM
Eric1969

Is Checkmate limiting their production on some of their lines? With the economy and job market, it would make sense. I would of liked to of seen a couple 'Mates at the Atlanta Boat Show. They had alot of pontoon and fishing boats.

Old 02-01-2002, 02:29 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Eric I dont think Checkmate is limiting anything they build the boats they have orders for.....if the dealers dont order for the showrooms they dont get built..
Old 02-01-2002, 02:55 PM
st

I'll back CM300 in that my Pulsare w/225EFI will run low to mid 70s(GPS) with an under propped 23' Mirage+ (bad prop). I can't wait to run it with the 300 ProMax! Kip, are you going to loan me that Tempest off the 28'? I'll try to return it with 3 ears....
ST

Wild Willy, maybe you should start up a marina in IN and stock some boats.

Old 02-01-2002, 04:58 PM
Registered

CHECKMATE 300 The Pulsare is lighter than mine is that why I only can get about 70 or so mph. Or should mine be running faster. Also wanted to let you know since I have not talked to you a while. That I still love my boat and got many compliments on it at last years Cumberland Poker Run. Our wives and girlfriends used it all day to party in while we ran the Poker Run. Thanks for getting it done quickly and making such a quality product. I currently have a 23" Trophy Plus 4 blade on it. Cant wait until spring.

Quick Reply: boat shows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.