Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Checkmate
Owners pics >

Owners pics

Notices

Owners pics

Old 05-07-2002, 01:30 AM
F2-34thrttleman

Default DMANN

NICE looking checkmate, thats a 24 right? What type of motor, had her out yet?

Old 05-07-2002, 01:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

F2-34 thrttleman

Yes, it is a 24. 242 sport. It had a 350 alpha when I bought it, it now has a 502mpi bravo. I have not been out in it yet. Hope to soon. First time doing a motor swap, put the shifter cable in the wrong place have to take out motor to move it!!!!
Old 05-07-2002, 03:17 PM
F2-34thrttleman

Default D MANN

good move to the bigger motor and bravo. I remember when it was a big deal to pull an engine, now we can pull one in about 20 minutes! Good luck with the boat, keep us infromed on your speeds when you get the ship out. know anyone looking for 253? good boating to ya.

Old 05-07-2002, 08:02 PM
Registered

F2-34

Is your 253 a stock boat or is it set up for race(interior)?
Old 05-07-2002, 08:33 PM
F2-34thrttleman

D MANN we originally bought the boat as a pleasure boat at the chicago boat show, when we decided to race it, we took the interior out of the boat to save weight, we have now put the interior back into the boat, and have re-installed the corsa captains call exhaust as well. the boat has a full interior, the cockpit is full as well(upolstry, rear bench). it sure was a fun boat, now the F-2 boat keeps us a little to busy for the checkmate. It has a cockpit pit cover, as well as the full storage cover. Know anyone looking?

Old 05-07-2002, 08:37 PM
F2-34thrttleman

D MANN, i love the look of the boat without the bow rails, it really makes the boat look sleeker. we took the bow rails off as well. we also added accon flush cleats to keep the lines smooth. I really like the looks of your boat, the eagle trailer is a nice touch as well. the C-hawk trailers are nice looking, but they do have their problems.

Old 05-07-2002, 09:33 PM
Registered

F2-34

Thanks, I wasn't for sure of the colors when I bought it. The trailer was white I painted it teal, in person it looks better.

Email me some photos. I don't know anyone for sure but I will spread the word. [email protected]
Attached Thumbnails Owners pics-bbb.jpg  
Old 05-07-2002, 10:12 PM
Registered

pureattitude240:

So far the speedo has been passed 80 down to the "R" in MERCURY, not even close to reality. My GPS readings seem good compared to others I have checked it with.
I love the 496HO so far and can't wait to bolt some HP goodies on it.

dmann:

Nice "Mate".
I added the horse head and deck stripe after the boat was on order after seeing them on the new Convincor 320.
I also had a chance go see my boat being built at Checkmate prior to the engine install and took a tour of the plant. Everyone was very nice and they DO HAND LAY the hull and decks.
Old 05-07-2002, 10:21 PM
F2-34thrttleman

DMANN, WOW................the teal really brings out the colors of the boat. Definitly a good move on your part. I dont have any pictures of the boat on file, but we do have a ton of them. I'll have to get some on computer file, and post some. Once again, i really like your boat. I feel that the fiberglass windscreen is the only way to go. it really makes the boat look smooth.

Old 05-08-2002, 08:54 AM
jmorganste

My first try.
Attached Thumbnails Owners pics-joes242.jpg  

Quick Reply: Owners pics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.