Hyd. steering 2001 240ZT >

Hyd. steering 2001 240ZT

Notices

Hyd. steering 2001 240ZT

Old 04-30-2008, 08:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Andy,

Remember the time we ran back to Brower from the cove side by side, both boats ran very close to the same speed. For a 28' your old one ran very good. I should be very close to the blue motor power now I have the added headers and the ecm programmed. Hope to install the hydraulic steering by the end of next week and if the weather gets better maybe drop it in and get wet.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BHOCKETT
Andy,

Remember the time we ran back to Brower from the cove side by side, both boats ran very close to the same speed. For a 28' your old one ran very good. I should be very close to the blue motor power now I have the added headers and the ecm programmed. Hope to install the hydraulic steering by the end of next week and if the weather gets better maybe drop it in and get wet.
Brian,

I sure do remember that run, it was fun. I was running my stock 24 p bravo 1. We never ran last year when I had a labbed 26. Your boat should run great with the extra power. Talk to Brett he is the man! I am also looking forward to dunking my boat in.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:38 PM
Registered

So what motors are you sporting in the Sunsation?
I road in a 32 last year and I think it had the 502mpi's, it's the yellow and white one that has the P59 in big letters on the front. I think it's 59 might be a different number? Runs pretty good. A couple of weeks ago I road in a buddies 28' Sunsation that just put a new motor in and with 4 people and not tuned yet we were hitting 82MPH. Not bad for a single. So at least I can say I've been on the water.
Old 05-02-2008, 05:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BHOCKETT
Andy,

Hi BHOCKETT! I'll be up to hardy this year with the ZT maybe we can all hook up and give it a run! Oh and Andy you're welcome too! LOL
I'll bring the beer!
Old 05-03-2008, 10:20 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Reality Check
Hi BHOCKETT! I'll be up to hardy this year with the ZT maybe we can all hook up and give it a run! Oh and Andy you're welcome too! LOL
I'll bring the beer!
You better bring allot of beer because I am always thristy!
Old 05-04-2008, 09:57 AM
Registered

Reality Check, I would love to give you a run and how about for an 18 pack? Always good to have competition.
Progress report: Friday the hydraulic steering came in and I went to work on the install. First thing was to find centerline of the crankshaft and then measure from the gimbal housing over 11.25" and place a sticker Imco supplies that has the hole locations on it to the transom (still have room between the trim tabs). Next step was "DRILL THE HOLES", ho man the first one was tuff, the idea of putting a hole in your boat and making sure it was in the right location had me worked up. I measured a few times just to make sure. Next on the list was to install the steering cap kit, this was pretty straight forward except you have to drill and tap two extra holes to secure the cap better. I ordered the step drill they offered and if anyone else does this you should get this tool as you can use the cap as a guide and drill it straight. I used a lot of silicone when I bolted the transom bracket to the boat both on the outside and on the inside. Installed the brazil valve and man was that bottom bolt a bear to take off. Hooked up the lines all the way from the ram to the valve but left the lines off the brazil valve. Got a qt. of power steering fluid and put it in a bowl and while the wife manually moved the ram back a forth I submerged the ends of the lines into the fluid and filled the ram and purged all the air out. Hooked the lines up to the valve and the ram to the cap and what do you know, it moves!!!
Had left the headers off to this point due to wanting as much room as possible to move around while installing the steering. So late last night I got the port header installed and then called it quits as I could not move anymore.
Hope to get the other header on today but the wife has a honey-do list, we’ll see who wins this one.
Old 05-06-2008, 08:33 AM
Registered

BH, sounds great! A little competition is a good thing! Looks like the steering project is coming together...bet you're dying to run it and see how she does!!
Old 05-06-2008, 08:18 PM
Registered

Got everything together and started it up last night, sounds good but was a little low on the water pressure going to the port header so now the next thing is change the water pump impeller. Just took it apart and after a few years of use and sitting over winter the blades are in the bent-over fixed position. Off to the parts store tomorrow to pick up a new one and while I'm at it might as well change the fuel filter. Well if anything else I will have all the maintenance done.
Glad I pre-filled the steering ram as it is nice and tight without any play and did not have to add any more fluid.
Hope to try it out this weekend if the weather will hold up.
Reality Check, are you planning on going to Hardy much? and where is Richland?

Last edited by BHOCKETT; 05-06-2008 at 08:20 PM.
Old 05-06-2008, 08:41 PM
Registered

Brian,

Glad to hear your project went well. My boat has 7.4 mpis, just some small motors but I bought the boat at the right price with the attentions for going for bigger power. With the price on gas the 7.4's are looking pretty good. I just topped off my tank to the tune of $250.

Richland is close to Kalamazoo.
Old 05-06-2008, 09:02 PM
Registered

Looking forward to seeing you guys up here this year.

Quick Reply: Hyd. steering 2001 240ZT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.