Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Checkmate
Hyd. steering 2001 240ZT >

Hyd. steering 2001 240ZT

Notices

Hyd. steering 2001 240ZT

Old 05-07-2008, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brian, We are planning on making it up there a few times this summer before hot boat. Will let ya know! Also, Richland is northeast of Kalamazoo by Gull Lake and south of Gun Lake if you know where they are. Can't wait to see what you're boat does.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:05 PM
Registered

Bought my boat new at Gun Lake.
The water pump is back together and a new fuel filter in place. Started it up for a second in the garage and the headers are on the loud side without the water going through them. Will run it on the muff's maybe tomorrow.
Can't wait for the weekend!!!
Old 05-07-2008, 09:08 PM
Registered

[IMG]C:\Pictures\BOAT\P1090010.JPG[/IMG]
Old 05-09-2008, 07:18 AM
Registered

Should be a good day on Saturday! Post some #'s. And where do you usually boat? Hardy?
Old 05-10-2008, 07:38 AM
Registered

Yep, always go down to hardy and put in at Brower Park.
Heading down today to test it out. I'll let you know how it ran.
I will have to dig my GPS out!
Old 05-10-2008, 02:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BHOCKETT
Yep, always go down to hardy and put in at Brower Park.
Heading down today to test it out. I'll let you know how it ran.
I will have to dig my GPS out!
Congrats, post up some numbers when you get back. I just got home from scrub a dub dubbing on mine. I plan to hit the water memorial day weekend if the weather cooperates???
Old 05-11-2008, 02:22 PM
Registered

The boat ran great and I picked up 200rpm's on the tach.
My GPS would not engage so I don't have any mph numbers but I'm guessin with the 200rpm's that is about 2-3mph gain.
The hydraulic steering works perfect and the boat handles much better, should have done this upgrade a long time ago.
The oil filter felt a little hot and the port side header is running warmer then the starboard side so I thing I need to put a restrictor valve in the starboard side? Maybe put one in each side and keep some of the water out of the headers and more into the oil cooler?
Had several people comment on how well the boat sounded and one guy thought I had put a procharger on, so the headers are a hit!
Old 05-11-2008, 03:22 PM
Registered

The boat ran great and I picked up 200rpm's on the tach.
My GPS would not engage so I don't have any mph numbers but I'm guessin with the 200rpm's that is about 2-3mph gain.
The hydraulic steering works perfect and the boat handles much better, should have done this upgrade a long time ago.
The oil filter felt a little hot and the port side header is running warmer then the starboard side so I thing I need to put a restrictor valve in the starboard side? Maybe put one in each side and keep some of the water out of the headers and more into the oil cooler?
Had several people comment on how well the boat sounded and one guy thought I had put a procharger on, so the headers are a hit!
Awesome, would have loved to hear some numbers. Its amazing how the steering totally changes the attitude of the boat. I have been having issues with my boat GPS as well, constantly searching for satellites the funny thing is my hand held works???
Old 05-11-2008, 04:30 PM
Registered

Had another guy who had a handheld also and his would not work either. Maybe a bad day for satellite reception?
Mine would only pick up one or two and then drop the signal again so it would not lock in.
Old 05-11-2008, 06:24 PM
Registered

Had another guy who had a handheld also and his would not work either. Maybe a bad day for satellite reception?
Mine would only pick up one or two and then drop the signal again so it would not lock in.
I am kind of glad that I am hearing other peoples gps's are not acting right, hopefully they get their acts together. I don't feel like dropping $800 to replace mine.

Quick Reply: Hyd. steering 2001 240ZT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.