anyone know this boat or seller ? >

anyone know this boat or seller ?

Notices

anyone know this boat or seller ?

Old 02-02-2009, 07:30 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is the guy I bought my stinger off of. He is a pretty stand up guy, is flexible on his price. All in all his descriptions are pretty good. I would contact him on it, make the deal out side of ebay where you can wheel on price a lil bit.. In fact that boat is sitting in the same spot as the stinger I got off him. LOL Worst come to worse you show up there and don't like it, go back home..

John jr

Last edited by Fenderjack; 02-02-2009 at 07:35 PM.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:20 PM
Registered

if the boat is solid and motors check out you can't go wrong with that price. They are fun boats.....here's mine
Attached Thumbnails anyone know this boat or seller ?-picture-117-1.jpg  
Old 02-02-2009, 08:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fenderjack
That is the guy I bought my stinger off of. He is a pretty stand up guy, is flexible on his price. All in all his descriptions are pretty good. I would contact him on it, make the deal out side of ebay where you can wheel on price a lil bit.. In fact that boat is sitting in the same spot as the stinger I got off him. LOL Worst come to worse you show up there and don't like it, go back home..

John jr
thanks everybody , that was the exact info i was looking for , no one jumped and said it was crap , and someone has even givin him a lil credit for being straight , makes me feel a little better about the 4 hour ride up there
Old 02-03-2009, 08:57 AM
Registered

Received 116 Likes on 71 Posts
Default Big Blocks Rule!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess for the money, IF the motors are ok, its a good deal. Considering the size of the boat and all. BUT!! Rebuilding outboards is more expensive than rebuilding a big block, and you have to pay someone to do it. Not to mention, theres two of them. Big blocks are so easy to build and repair. Just about anyone can do it. A friend of mine just had his 2 outboards freshened up. It cost him 6,000.00.....and he still wouldnt know what to do if one of them broke down on the water. His boating day would be over. Not to mention, the outboatds on that boat look pretty old!? To me, its hard going from 69' big block Camaro, to a mitsubishi eclipse!!!! Sorry to be such a downer, but I dont think your going to be happy, especially if it doesnt do 70 MPH. STICK WITH THE BIG BLOCK, PLEASE-PLEASE-PLEASE !!!!!LOL....Good luck with your new boat.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:16 AM
Registered

i appriciate the constructive input , i have to dis-agree with non-user servicable parts , not nearly as big but i have torn down a 55hp chrysler 2 cyl , and a 4 cyl 125hp force almost excactly like the chrysler , i do agree the re-build kits are a lil more expensive , but as for getting stuck in the river and not knowing what to do , its a carberated 2 stroke engine , fuel-oil / compression / spark / cooling , all the same principals.
worse case scenario , i dont like it and sell it to someone on scream and fly , lol , they love the outboards

dont get me wrong , i really do appriciate the input , just dont agree with it

and another local has the identical boat , and confirms the performance potential if its running correct.

where do you boat Kreed , if your local i'd love to buy you a beer and discuss while rafted up in the potomac river
Old 02-03-2009, 02:00 PM
Registered

Received 116 Likes on 71 Posts

Ok. Thats all good, I just dont want to see you spend your money on a potential "project" boat. The boat has been sitting for a while. Ive been following the sale of your old boat and the search for a new boat. Some life I have, right? But anyways, you seem like a nice ,honest guy and it would suck to have to sink MORE money into a newly purchased boat. If you find out later that the engines need rebuilds, that would really take the wind out of your sails !!!!!!!!!Anyways, I hope to hear from you in the future telling me Im wrong and the boat is awesome!!!!!!!! We boat on the CT. river, so if your ever close, let me know. Love to have a beer. Will continue to follow your saga.

P.s.- It will never sound like a big block! Those outboards burn oil, on purpose !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-03-2009, 06:06 PM
Registered

I'd hate to see you do it but at that price you could part that boat out and get your money out of it, might take awhile in this market but you should be safe. 2.4 200 power heads are easy to come by, blow one up, just pop on another. The 2.4's are pretty reliable anyway. do a leakdown test when you check it out. Yank the oil injection off and mix oil/gas and don't worry about the injection failing.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:25 PM
Registered

yea , i was looking around at CL and Ebay and it looks like a single 200hp black max sells for between 1000 and 2500 , so in the event that the worse happens and a rod goes shooting out the side , bounces off the prop of the other motor and cuts the lower unit off , i'm still only out 2 grand for a similar engine to hoist back on there. lol
as for what Kreed said , i gave up on the idea of buying a boat and not spending any other money afterwards years ago
as the spring progresses i'll be in the "wanted" forums for lotsa stuff , guages , props , 12 volt fridge for the cabin , shore power charger/inverter , air conditioning , stereo equipment , etc etc etc
this hobby is an expensive one , but with the biggest rewards in my opinion when your screaming past a cruiser boat and everyone on there boat secretly wants to be on yours
Old 02-03-2009, 06:29 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ENFORCER24
but with the biggest rewards in my opinion when your screaming past a cruiser boat and everyone on there boat secretly wants to be on yours
Except when the steaks and burgers are ready to be served on the cruiser.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jeff1000man
Except when the steaks and burgers are ready to be served on the cruiser.
clamp that grill to my windshield frame and the burgers flip themselves as i'm bouncing in and out of the water , its a magic touch , and never without my ignition kill tether aslo connected to the propane shut off valve

Quick Reply: anyone know this boat or seller ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.