Notices

350 Zt?

Old 07-13-2009, 05:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday
???????????????????

One of these days you will actually state a true fact. My 36 has over 400 hours and you will not find a stress crack. I know many others just like mine solid and trouble free. I know some Baja's that have had major failures and I know of some really high $$$$ BIG Name brands with problems. They are resin and fiberglass and if you think any manufacturer has never had a stress crack you are misinformed.

Amazing how some hide behind a computer screen and feel the need to bash others choices on what to purchase and own. Does that make you feel like a big man Mr. Purple of BIG RED what ever name you are using today?

And no I don not take your comments as a DEBATE.

As for the construction of the 350ZT by Checkmate I am confident that it will be very high quality.
The major complaint that I have seen on Baja's was stress cracking. I got this info from this site and TBM. I don't recall bashing anybody for buying a Baja and I do not look down on them for owning one. The Baja style is not my preference in a boat.

And for user names when was it against the law to use two different user names on 2 totally different sites. Sorry Dock I forgot to read your rule book. And how long did it take you to figure that one out.

To address your other comment on hiding behind a computer screen you know damn well who I am. Do you need me to send you a pic of you sitting at the same table with me to refresh your memory.

My boat has 607 hours on it and I have not started a rebirth thread yet " BUDDY "
Old 07-14-2009, 07:16 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PURPLE HORNET
The major complaint that I have seen on Baja's was stress cracking. I got this info from this site and TBM. I don't recall bashing anybody for buying a Baja and I do not look down on them for owning one. The Baja style is not my preference in a boat.

See post #7 and I can find others if you don't remember.

And it will be the first Baja ever without stress cracks

The first? Simply not true and that is another slam at the brand and YES when you slam the brand people choose you are slaming the people themselves for making that decision.
Think about it BUDDY

Interesting why a die hard Checkmate owner wants to spend so much time researching Baja and even going on an all Baja site like TBM.

And for user names when was it against the law to use two different user names on 2 totally different sites. Sorry Dock I forgot to read your rule book. And how long did it take you to figure that one out.
2 totally different sites?

To address your other comment on hiding behind a computer screen you know damn well who I am. Do you need me to send you a pic of you sitting at the same table with me to refresh your memory.
Sorry I do not remember you.

My boat has 607 hours on it and I have not started a rebirth thread yet " BUDDY "
You should try it it's a lot of fun! Stay tuned for part #2.

Okay I received a PM from Wild Willy as I am sure you did as well asking us to take this DEBATE off the site. For what ever reason you don't like me and my Baja and that is fine. I do not have anything to do with Checkmate, their decision, their molds, their design, nothing. I like the product as stated and I like the fact that in this economy they are actually doing something and moving forward. I have made myself clear on that and you have made yourself clear. I'll respect wild willy and leave it at that.

Have a great boating season
Old 07-14-2009, 08:14 AM
Registered

doc, allot of people take "brand loyalty" way to far.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by noyzee
As long as Im on the water with a cooler full of cocktails, I dont care if its a 2009 Outerlimits or a 1971 Boston Whaler.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:30 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
As long as Im on the water with a cooler full of cocktails, I dont care if its a 2009 Outerlimits or a 1971 Boston Whaler.
im with you alltho the new outer limits would be better for my taist. lol
Old 07-14-2009, 10:30 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

I resemble that remark!

I'll be the first to admit that I am very loyal to brands and will defend them. However you have to walk a very fine line because if you talk about any brand in a negative way you are in fact talking bad about the person that owns one and then it gets personal.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:32 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
Hey have you been over to look at the new 350ZT?
Old 07-14-2009, 10:41 AM
Registered

I resemble that remark!

I'll be the first to admit that I am very loyal to brands and will defend them. However you have to walk a very fine line because if you talk about any brand in a negative way you are in fact talking bad about the person that owns one and then it gets personal.
i wasnt talking about you. i feel the same way, i love my checkmate i even have a checkmate thong. lol
i love my mate but that to me doesnt meen everything else sucks like it seems to meen to some people
Old 07-14-2009, 12:22 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

i even have a checkmate thong.

That is more information than we need!
Old 07-14-2009, 12:34 PM
Registered

Hey have you been over to look at the new 350ZT?
No, been too busy having fun the past few weeks. Been to the Atlantic, Pacific, Gulf, and Lake Erie in less than month 1/2. Just got invited to the Sunsation rally, I think thats next weekend? Just enjoying early retirement!

Anyway, I was at Checkmate a few weeks ago and the 350ZT wasnt together yet, but very close. I think it hit the water last week. Might have to make a special trip out there for an inspection.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.