Checkmate gathering >

Checkmate gathering

Notices

Checkmate gathering

Old 03-31-2002, 11:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Checkmate gathering

Here's a thought, who would participate in a Checkmate in the Mid Atlantic area this summer? We could gather in the Chesapake Bay area which offers both protected river and open bay boating. Maybe some folks from Checkmate would come down as well. How about it Checkmate 300?
Post your replies and I will see what the potential looks like.

Barry
Old 03-31-2002, 12:04 PM
Registered

count me in cheasapeake bay annapolis area here
Old 03-31-2002, 02:12 PM
Charter Member #355
Charter Member

Whenever you two are in you know Im in!! Anywhere on the bay is fine with me. Just wait til my boat is done, please.

Eric
Old 03-31-2002, 03:13 PM
Registered

no way Eric we are gonna need all the head start we can get with all that HP you are gonna have let me know when you get back might have to come down for the install
Old 04-01-2002, 07:24 AM
Registered

Default Checkmate

Sounds like FUN!!! Count me in!!
Old 04-01-2002, 09:02 PM
Registered

OK I know there are a lot more Checks than this in the Mid Atlantic. I'm thinking of Solomons Island area, bay and river access so depending on weather you can run either. There is a large Holiday Inn on the water and a good number of cocktail establishments. Also a nice public boat ramp within walking distance of the hotel.
People from VA, MD, DE, PA, NJ should be able to get there fairly easily.
I'm thinking May or July as possible months to do it. Early May might be a good time, prior to all the upcoming Poker Runs etc. I will check with the hotel to see if any dates are better for booking rooms.
Any other thoughts? Input is welcome to make this a fun event.
Eric, I want a ride in that boat when she's ready!!
Old 04-02-2002, 10:10 AM
Charter Member #355
Charter Member

Sounds good Barry! Although I just found out that roller lifters for my motor are on back order all over the country. So I can't go get it this week. Looks like it 'll be the 16th til I can go pick it up.

BUT, as long as that plan holds up I should still be on the water by end of April.

Id like to see Check300 get on here and give us his input. Yes it would be very cool if we could get someone form the factory to come down. Maybe take some video and pics for the web site. And maybe interview some of us for a "owner feedback" section to the Checkmate web site.

Eric

ps. I'll have a seat waiting for ya as soon as we get on the water!!
Old 04-02-2002, 11:24 AM
CONVINCOR 300

Guys......sounds like fun!......I don't see us a company setting something like that up that far away from hear. But if you guys get something going i could let ALOT of people know about it and get some coverage from magazines etc.Possibly get a dealer/dealers of ours in the area to get involved. I would also try and get there myself, if time would permit!I will see if there is any interest from the dealers /sales rep in your area! .......There is a unoffical gathering in Michigan has been for the past couple years , i'll see if i can get some info on it.

Old 04-04-2002, 09:26 PM
Registered

Ok where are the rest of the Checkmate guys in the Mid Atlantic? We will need more than four of us to make this an event.
Checkmate 300, I'll keep you posted on progress.
Old 04-04-2002, 09:41 PM
Registered

I'd love to go chill with fellow owners in the mid-atlantic but what a ways to trailer! Maybe if I get a new drive during the offseason I'll make the trip for next years event. Now what about the Michigan gathering?

Quick Reply: Checkmate gathering

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.