Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Checkmate
Just bought...what's the true value? >

Just bought...what's the true value?

Notices

Just bought...what's the true value?

Old 08-17-2009, 04:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought...what's the true value?

Hi guys, I just bought a 1999 ZT280 with bone stock 502. Boat has 170 fresh water hours and sits on a '99 aluminum I beam loadmaster bunk trailer. Needs no cosmetic work, looks like new, but does need exhaust manifolds over the winter. I paid $21k and have been told I stole it. Anyone have any opinions?
Old 08-17-2009, 05:05 PM
Registered

'True Value' is a hardware store

But seriously, the true value of something is what the person that currently own it feels it is. The person you bought it from thought it was worth $21K, so that was his true value. If you decide to sell it, you'll try to sell it at what it is worth to you. Right now you may as well throw the NADA books out the window, because they don't mean much when it comes to boat prices lately, except maybe for insurance purposes.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:20 PM
Registered

i have a 2003 26 foot zt its in perfect condition with more hours. if someone offered me 21k for it i would laugh in there face. id be hard pressed to sell for 26k because its a hard boat to replace and it works for me.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:01 PM
Registered

Sounds too cheap. Either the seller was hurting or somethings up with the boat. Tell us more about the problems regarding the exhaust manifolds.....
Old 08-17-2009, 09:22 PM
Registered

Before i bought my 253 I was looking at a '98 280ZT with the interior completely trashed. Hull, glass, and gelcoat all looked to be very good, but the interior was gone and I would have had to replace all of it before I ever took it out. The boat had obviously had a lot of water in it and I did not get to do a thorough check of the bilge, stringers, etc.
He would not budge from his 25K asking price.
He also still owns the boat and I am pretty sure he is still smokin whatever he was on then.
I bought a '95 253 Convincor and have never looked back. If your boat is worth 21 to you, then you got a good deal.
Like CDeezy said, you can kinda throw the books out the window, cuz the market value and the book value are 2 different things.
And, like Old Navy mentioned the exhaust manifold thing needs more investigation.
Old 08-23-2009, 09:42 PM
Registered

Any updates on this I was wondering about that bad exhaust
Old 08-29-2009, 08:53 AM
Registered

I haven't really inspected the manifolds too much yet...gonna pull them off in the off season (which is about a month away here). The bottoms of the manifolds are corroding, no other parts on the motor show any corrosion though. I originally posted to see what everyone thought of what I paid for the boat, since I see a lot of them from 1999-2001 out there for much more $$. I know that people can ask anything they want, but I'm hoping I got a real good deal on this. I originally found it on ebay in mid-June, then contacted the seller after it didn't sell. The only other thing I needed to do was to change the fuse block from the glass fuses to the automotive type fuses. Those glass fuses were a poor design and sporadically lost contact.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:11 AM
Registered

I was under the impression that the boat was not lake worthy untill the exhaust was fixed. My fuse block is a 96 and still looks brand new, but mine is garaged kept. I also have a Convincor.

The money sounds like a good deal have you been on the lake yet with the boat? I would like to see pics of the boat.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:24 AM
Registered

sounds like a great deal too me if everything checks out. Sold my 99 2 years ago for alot more than that, but mine was a 500efi boat
Old 12-01-2009, 05:38 PM
Registered

stainless marine exhaust comes to mind... great stuff... mark

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.