thinking of adding to my trim tabs, anyone try this already? 26 convincer >

thinking of adding to my trim tabs, anyone try this already? 26 convincer

Notices

thinking of adding to my trim tabs, anyone try this already? 26 convincer

Old 08-26-2010, 09:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Inspector
What brand tabs did you start with? My 283 has Insta Trim tabs and I was thinking of extending them but am worried that the extra surface area and leverage would break the plastic rams or plastic hull mounts (especially at higher speeds). What speeds are you running and have you seen any sign of damage to the tab mounts?
Thanks.
Which tabs do you have? If you have the 12"x12" tabs then you can replace them with the 12"x16" tabs. Everything fits and it is a direct replacement.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:40 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I upgraded to the 16" plates and the boat still feels like it needs more tab for running in rough water. The twin engine model with extension boxes is very stern heavy. It would be easy enough to add length to the tabs I have, but as stated earlier I am worried about durability of the plastic components on the Insta Trim Rams. Just wondering if others have had problems with these breaking.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:24 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

eddie or dana marine.

Last edited by glen george; 08-31-2010 at 05:29 AM.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:39 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Inspector
I upgraded to the 16" plates and the boat still feels like it needs more tab for running in rough water. The twin engine model with extension boxes is very stern heavy. It would be easy enough to add length to the tabs I have, but as stated earlier I am worried about durability of the plastic components on the Insta Trim Rams. Just wondering if others have had problems with these breaking.
My ZT had the 16" Insta Trim dual ram system originally. Over 80 mph in fun (rough) water the hoses would blow off the rams. No way to clamp tight enough on a plastic push-on hose barb.
Upgraded to Eddie/ Dana 24" Billet Tabs. Stainless hoses threaded to rams, very fast response with individual pumps for each tab. Great Upgrade.