speedo

Old 06-19-2002, 10:12 PM
curt0812

Exclamation speedo

have a 251 check speedo stopped working

Old 06-20-2002, 11:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is probably a water pressure speedo. There is a hole in the front (bow side) of the lower unit on the Bravo. This is where the water enters. More than likely it's cloged. I usually get a small drill bit (1/8") and drill into the hole and it breaks up whatever is in there and water will come out.

You also want to check that the hose is connected to the drive. above the hole i just spoke of, where the upper meets the lower (horizontal area), there is a fitting (usually yellow) that needs to be in place. Make sure that is there, and the hose is attached. It looks like small vaccumm hose.

Mark
Old 06-24-2002, 12:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our speedo stopped working also. Unfortunately, I think our's is done. The needle must have spun all the way around because it is on the other side of the stop at zero. Anyone had any luck replacing these without going through the dealer? Are these difficult to replace?
Old 06-24-2002, 08:05 PM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Check with the factory. I replaced mine with a Medallion. It always read a mile an hour slow according to the radar gun. Used the Medallion pitot tube also. Not a perfect match replacement, but then i went to a digital tach.. will never go back to analog. Of course now there is a GPS speedo in the dash.. Dont u just love technology.. I also have a full set of gauges from my 99 Convincer 283 if you interested..

Dick