Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Checkmate
New 43 footer wet yet? >

New 43 footer wet yet?

Notices

New 43 footer wet yet?

Old 08-13-2012, 10:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking good. I wish the Checkmate logo on the side was not under water at a stand still.

Beautiful boat non-the-less.

HD
Old 08-13-2012, 02:11 PM
Registered

Tell us Jeff, got it wet yet?

Hows she feel on the water?

Last edited by WILDwhenWET; 08-13-2012 at 02:15 PM.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:26 PM
Registered

Hope I dont make Jeff mad posting these. They were on Youtube.
http://youtu.be/J-YzJeAvc0M
http://youtu.be/s-7Rz_bY8oY
Old 08-16-2012, 10:36 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

No reason for me to be anything but happy boys!!!! Love the boat and should have it out in a few as soon as it is done with the touch ups and getting the hatch painted. To say I am excited is an understatement!! I am looking forward to keeping everyone up to date on this beast as soon as we hit the water.....I know it has already been, just not with me in the boat yet. Need to have it 100% before I take it out myself which involves a couple small touch ups and getting the hatch painted, I am just meticulous like that....
Old 08-23-2012, 12:30 PM
Registered

How's the week been Jeff, waiting & waiting?

Getting close?

Old 08-28-2012, 09:46 AM
Registered

she sure is a looker!! congrats!!
Old 08-29-2012, 11:23 AM
SVT
Registered

As to not sound like im being a hater or a d*ck I will start by saying i actually like this new boat, the galley area is awesome really like it, great power choice and looks nice.

Wiht that being said why in the world would someone pay 500K for a checkmate? I mean isnt that like paying 300K for a camaro when you can buy a lambo or ferrari for the same price?

There are far better choices out there for 500K with proven results witht V bottom hulls. I mean Cigarette is the pinnacle of twin step hulls so why choose checkmate?

Like I said I really like the looks of this boat but not at this price point. Chances are they probably cant make the boat for alot cheaper and still make money with the cost of drives, motors etc...

Maybe checkmate should have just keopt doing what they seem to do well and that is smaller, more affordable boats.

Just my .02
Old 08-29-2012, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SVT
As to not sound like im being a hater or a d*ck I will start by saying i actually like this new boat, the galley area is awesome really like it, great power choice and looks nice.

Wiht that being said why in the world would someone pay 500K for a checkmate? I mean isnt that like paying 300K for a camaro when you can buy a lambo or ferrari for the same price?

There are far better choices out there for 500K with proven results witht V bottom hulls. I mean Cigarette is the pinnacle of twin step hulls so why choose checkmate?

Like I said I really like the looks of this boat but not at this price point. Chances are they probably cant make the boat for alot cheaper and still make money with the cost of drives, motors etc...

Maybe checkmate should have just keopt doing what they seem to do well and that is smaller, more affordable boats.

Just my .02
I love the Punisher but I'm kind of wondering the same thing? Though, I might choose a Corvette instead of a Camaro for the analogie.

Do you or anyone know what a new 42 Cig Tiger with full cabin and 700's is costing now?

If I read it right, starting price for a Sunsation F4 is $600,000.

Last edited by altamate; 08-29-2012 at 08:17 PM.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:46 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Seeing the boat in person, I would say the quality is damn good and that is a great hull to start with....
Old 08-29-2012, 09:39 PM
Registered

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by SVT

Just my .02
isnt the 43 punisher designed basically an Apache hull??? whats more "proven" than that? seems to me the Apache name is pretty well respected in offshore circles.......

just sayn....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.