Notices

What is up with this 2400 MCOB?

Old 04-17-2015, 09:46 AM
Registered

Received 938 Likes on 505 Posts
Default What is up with this 2400 MCOB?

Was this boat a precursor to the 2400 ?
http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o61589-en.html

The newer 2400 BRX's have an open alley to get to the bow vs. this underdeck pass through in the 2007. Was this a one off build?
Old 04-23-2015, 04:51 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Short answer, Checkmate made the 2400br in that configuration for a number of years and it was replaced with the 2400BRX in 08/09. As you have noticed it's not really a MC, but rather a crawl though.
Long answer, Money talks and a few custom builds of the old style 2400br's have been made since the switch. Most think the deck lines are much nicer on the old deck(I'm in that group) but the new deck is way more practical.
Old 04-23-2015, 03:26 PM
Registered

Received 938 Likes on 505 Posts

Originally Posted by altamate
Short answer, Checkmate made the 2400br in that configuration for a number of years and it was replaced with the 2400BRX in 08/09. As you have noticed it's not really a MC, but rather a crawl though.
Long answer, Money talks and a few custom builds of the old style 2400br's have been made since the switch. Most think the deck lines are much nicer on the old deck(I'm in that group) but the new deck is way more practical.
Old deck would probably make for a stronger hull! Great boat for 31K!
Old 11-14-2015, 11:20 AM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 24 Posts

The original Pulsare 2400 bowrider was based upon the 2400 Longdeck. It retains the same lines, windshield placement, full dashboard and glassed in floors. There is a step down to crawl under the dash to the bow area. The newer BRX version has a complete innerliner, the windshield/cockpit is moved forward about a foot, and you have a walkthrough to the bow area. The advantage to the older design is more aerodynamic, slightly lighter in weight (although I've yet to see that in writing), I would imagine structually more rigid with the full dashboard spanning gunnel to gunnel, you get a nice full dash to spread out a full display of gages, you can get out of the elements if you sit in the drop down area under the dash (it's not that big.. but enough for 1 person to get out of the rain or sun) and you have easy access storage along the floor of the cockpit to starboard and port. The BRX version makes it easier to get to the bow, has a complete inner lined cockpit and gelcoated storage under the front bow seats, has a separate anchor locker incorporated into the topdeck, a built in cooler space in front of the passenger and ski stowage behind the rear seat. I believe Checkmate will build either version...I personally like the lines of the original bowrider and now own a 2007 Pulsare 2400/Verado 275.