Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Checkmate
2002 Checkmate 270 BR >

2002 Checkmate 270 BR

Notices

2002 Checkmate 270 BR

Old 08-20-2015, 01:25 PM
Registered

Received 127 Likes on 74 Posts

The checkmate factory could send you a brand new seat cover to match the boat for not much money. They are very reasonable and give them the hull ID number, they keep the full build sheets and can replicate it easily.

The engine can always be sold and swapped out easily down the road as well, if it is clean and what you want, go for it. You would want a 4 blade prop which the Hydromotive QIV is. Hard to say pitch wise, depends if they put the 1.5 or 1.65 ratio drive behind that motor. Best would be to run what prop is on there WOT, and tell us the pitch and WOT rpm you hit. Need a baseline to go off of really.

Check out checkmate-boats.com that is the checkmate owners forum. Lots of great people and info over there.
Old 08-21-2015, 01:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gimme Fuel
The checkmate factory could send you a brand new seat cover to match the boat for not much money. They are very reasonable and give them the hull ID number, they keep the full build sheets and can replicate it easily.

The engine can always be sold and swapped out easily down the road as well, if it is clean and what you want, go for it. You would want a 4 blade prop which the Hydromotive QIV is. Hard to say pitch wise, depends if they put the 1.5 or 1.65 ratio drive behind that motor. Best would be to run what prop is on there WOT, and tell us the pitch and WOT rpm you hit. Need a baseline to go off of really.

Check out checkmate-boats.com that is the checkmate owners forum. Lots of great people and info over there.
All I know at this point is its a 4 blade 19P, maybe try a 21, gears are 1.65. I will take it out this weekend and get a feel for it. I contacted Checkmate yesterday on the decal seat issues and looks like a good winter project. I can send the middle section in or send in the entire skin. see how it goes.
Old 09-07-2015, 07:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bats05
All I know at this point is its a 4 blade 19P, maybe try a 21, gears are 1.65. I will take it out this weekend and get a feel for it. I contacted Checkmate yesterday on the decal seat issues and looks like a good winter project. I can send the middle section in or send in the entire skin. see how it goes.
Well I took the boat out Labor Day weekend at the LOTO. Boat handled great took few trips figure out tabs and trim. But after thinking over a few options think I'm going to post the boat for sale. Just going different route for what we need but no complaints on how the boat performed
Old 09-15-2015, 02:37 PM
Registered

Boat has been on the market a couple weeks and only interest is Brokers and the typical Craiglist scams that is sending a guy over since the buyer is overseas.
Old 09-15-2015, 02:39 PM
Registered

Also have a typo. The boat is 01 not a 02 as I stated in the original post,,
Old 10-05-2015, 08:28 AM
Registered

How much you asking? How did the boat run...cruise & WOT? Any bouncing up and down like previously mentioned or did you switch out the props?
Old 10-05-2015, 02:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by formula1
How much you asking? How did the boat run...cruise & WOT? Any bouncing up and down like previously mentioned or did you switch out the props?
Asking 26,500. Boat ran great,, Cruising speed was 40-45,, never did try WOT. Lake was busy on labor day weekend and we had out grandaughter with us.... I did not have any much trouble with porpoising just slight tab and was good to go..4 days over labor day is the only time I had it out..
Old 12-29-2015, 01:40 PM
Registered

+1 on the Hydromotive prop!!