Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Checkmate
I wonder how fast this boat is >

I wonder how fast this boat is

Notices

I wonder how fast this boat is

Old 03-06-2017, 09:54 AM
Registered

Received 105 Likes on 77 Posts

It sat out front of Right way marine. I have a pic if you are interested.
Old 03-06-2017, 08:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did see the one on 163.. It was pretty rough and the price seemed pretty high? Thanks a lot tho
Old 03-06-2017, 11:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jwws9999
i'm in the same boat (pun intended), constantly going back and forth on what I want. the problem I've got is the season is so short up here. But the checkmate boats are nice boats (I think better than Baja), but they don't seem to hold their value as well, have no idea why.

the boat up there, assuming it's in nice shape is attractive to me, because I like the small block package, but alot of people insist on big blocks. I like the small blocks because they are so much easier to work on, and I like keeping everything stock.
I sold my 95 283 in july of 15 for $18000. I had it listed for 1.5 yrs. It had a HP 500, new trailer , 500+ hrs motor probably could have used a refresh. It always suprised Me how a 273 Baja could pull in more money. In my opinion the checkmate was so much more boat and just better and faster all around. Keep looking they will pop up for sale and don't over pay. It is worth traveling for the right boat. I bought my checkmate out of Cincinnati and my hustler from loto. The deals are out there
Old 03-07-2017, 08:21 AM
Registered

I guess the graphics under the gel are good and bad.. I dont mind the checkered flag and plain stuff but some just seem like they should be on an rv .. Man
Seems like they are a pain and expensive to change or get rid of under the gel?
Old 03-07-2017, 08:25 AM
Registered

I sold a 93 281 around 03 for 20.. I wish i had it back.. It was in great shape.. Its amazing how people just let their boats go to hell.
Old 03-07-2017, 11:08 AM
Registered

Tell me about it! I saw my boat a year after I sold it I couldn't look at it with how bad it was. It was probably last cleaned and waxed right before I sold it to him. Bummer
Old 03-07-2017, 07:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by AE Stream
I sold my 95 283 in july of 15 for $18000. I had it listed for 1.5 yrs. It had a HP 500, new trailer , 500+ hrs motor probably could have used a refresh. It always suprised Me how a 273 Baja could pull in more money. In my opinion the checkmate was so much more boat and just better and faster all around. Keep looking they will pop up for sale and don't over pay. It is worth traveling for the right boat. I bought my checkmate out of Cincinnati and my hustler from loto. The deals are out there
I've seen a lot of nice boats out that way. How did the long distance purchase work
Old 03-08-2017, 11:47 AM
Registered

I've wondered the same thing. How many trips it would take to get a deal done?
Old 03-09-2017, 09:54 AM
Registered

Yeah every time I have taken the trip I have got the deal done in one day. If it is a long trip you got to make sure the deal is going to be worth it. I had a surveyor set up to meet me there and had him survey the boat and take the sea trial with me. I did most of the negotiations over the phone ahead of time spoke with the owners multiple times for hours and got tons of pictures. You have to trust the seller, but know you may have to walk away. For the boat I was looking at in Texas I had surveyed before looking at it and that was good because it was a pos. But with that one I didn't trust the seller.

Bring cash for negotiations and a check, have them maul the title after the check clears
Old 03-09-2017, 05:57 PM
Registered

How much did it cost to have the boat inspected in Texas?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.