Checkmate 2400 with the new 300R? >

Checkmate 2400 with the new 300R?

Notices

Checkmate 2400 with the new 300R?

Old 07-15-2018, 07:59 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Checkmate 2400 with the new 300R?

Anyone thinking about doing this?

I'm thinking my next boat will be this set up.

thoughts?

Cruise and top speed predictions?
Old 07-30-2018, 02:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ExtremeSkater
Anyone thinking about doing this?

I'm thinking my next boat will be this set up.

thoughts?

Cruise and top speed predictions?
I'm thinking the same thing! Closed or open bow Check?

The first real world results I saw were a 300r on a 21' Linerator. Still setting up props but was approx 6 mph faster than the same boat with a 300xs.

One thing for sure, the sound of the new 300r is fe·ro·cious!
Old 07-30-2018, 03:48 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by motuman
I'm thinking the same thing! Closed or open bow Check?

The first real world results I saw were a 300r on a 21' Linerator. Still setting up props but was approx 6 mph faster than the same boat with a 300xs.

One thing for sure, the sound of the new 300r is fe·ro·cious!
Yup, I followed the same thread from Randy at Liberator. I usually don't like open bows, but we're thinking of relocating to Arizona, and would spend a lot of time at the beach, so an open bow makes more sense.
Old 07-30-2018, 04:14 PM
Registered

By all reports, the 2400BRX (open bow) is good for 70 mph (+ 1 or 2 mph) with the 300xs and 80+ with the 400r.
Will be interesting to see how it does with the new 300r.
Maybe only 1 or 2 mph over the 300xs (since it's not packing air?) but the midrange punch should be excellent and will def sound great. Will also be nice to be able to run 87 octane (vs 91 on 300xs) if you have to gas up at the marinas.

I spoke with Kip at Checkmate last week and he's think end of the year before they see availability on the 300r's.

He also mentioned Checkmate is pretty busy (by their standards) and telling customers who want boats by next summer to get the orders in by the fall. Sounds like they have been really lean in past years and run a small crew.

FWIW - I also spoke with Nordic, and they are considering building a '25 rage with a 400r for stock, and you could do a MCOB.

Last edited by motuman; 07-30-2018 at 04:25 PM.
Old 08-15-2018, 06:31 PM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 24 Posts

I think the Pulsare 2400/BRX would be a great candidate for the new 300R!! I think the boat will be faster than most people think. The motor puts out gobs of torque which is needed on a heavier V bottom. It can also handle spinning a fairly large diameter/pitch prop which will yield some great top end numbers. My Pulsare 2400 Bowrider with a Verado Pro 300 runs 71 with 8" of setback spinning a Bravo One 24...
Old 08-15-2018, 07:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JUPITER PULSARE
I think the Pulsare 2400/BRX would be a great candidate for the new 300R!! I think the boat will be faster than most people think. The motor puts out gobs of torque which is needed on a heavier V bottom. It can also handle spinning a fairly large diameter/pitch prop which will yield some great top end numbers. My Pulsare 2400 Bowrider with a Verado Pro 300 runs 71 with 8" of setback spinning a Bravo One 24...
I think I saw your boat on the checkmate forum. Do you have the BR (crawl through) or BRX walk through?

It's interesting that you are running basically the same speed with the 300 V-Rod as the 300XS boats.

I've been watching the market for a used 2400 BRX. Seems like they rarely come up for sale, and when they do, they want big $$ in this market. I saw the Blue 2012 for $50K, and it looks beautiful. But honestly at that price I'd almost rather build new one with a 300 Pro XS or 300r four stoke, and an aluminum trailer.

If anyone hears about any other used BRX's coming up for sale, please PM me.
Old 09-06-2018, 09:28 AM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 24 Posts

I think I saw your boat on the checkmate forum. Do you have the BR (crawl through) or BRX walk through?

It's interesting that you are running basically the same speed with the 300 V-Rod as the 300XS boats.

I've been watching the market for a used 2400 BRX. Seems like they rarely come up for sale, and when they do, they want big $$ in this market. I saw the Blue 2012 for $50K, and it looks beautiful. But honestly at that price I'd almost rather build new one with a 300 Pro XS or 300r four stoke, and an aluminum trailer.

Yes, my boat is the "crawl through" to the bow or you can step over the windshield. I like the Bowrider version because you get a full dash board, the cockpit is slightly further aft making the bow appear longer, it's supposedly lighter in weight and you get storage along the floor under the gunnels. There's also less wind turbulence coming though the cockpit with the full windshield and dash. The BRX version, however, seems much wider in the cockpit and has tons of storage. The inner lined cockpit is easy to clean and there is a molded in spot for a cooler! Both styles are very versatile. From what I've been told, Checkmate will still build the "Bowrider" version if requested but it is more time consuming to build.
Old 12-17-2018, 12:10 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the 2011 BRX walk through with 300XS. I'm running a 23p Merc Trophy plus. Gets me to 70 mph. With a bit of trim perfection on my own I'd say slightly over 70 is possible.
Old 12-17-2018, 03:55 PM
Registered

Received 1,905 Likes on 743 Posts

He also mentioned Checkmate is pretty busy (by their standards) and telling customers who want boats by next summer to get the orders in by the fall. Sounds like they have been really lean in past years and run a small crew.
They do.
I was in the plant a couple months ago and they were humping.
Kip said biz was good.

Article in marine trade magazine, last week, had dealers telling customers if they want new by summer order now or forget it.
Old 12-31-2018, 06:01 PM
Registered

Default 2012 BRX 2400 for sale

I have a 2012 BRX 2400 I will be selling in the spring

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.