Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Checkmate
What props and what hp?? >

What props and what hp??

Notices

What props and what hp??

Old 07-29-2003, 01:19 PM
highroller

All trimed up, Thanks for checking. I put in at Holland and go north or south at the pier head depending on the day. where are you guys buying the dual ram imco steering?

Old 07-29-2003, 04:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Highroller
I stopped over and talked to Jim. He thinks that your boat was first owned by Steve Rescola (last name spelling ?) or better know by Blue Moon. He sold it when he got his 30ft checkmate. But now he has his new boat a 36ft Apache. Very nice boat, it's brand new so it better be. So you must have bought to from the 2nd person. Jim at Valako's is a Imco dealer so that is were I would go first. And then check around. You boat around holland we go to Port. Shelden on Sundays you may see us. Steve is their too and you could talk to him their. We will have to talk some more their.
Old 07-29-2003, 05:46 PM
highroller

Thanks All trimed up !! I'll check valako's on the steering. Going to Grand Haven saturday (like everyone ) may go to portsheldon sunday.

Old 08-06-2003, 10:33 AM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Highroller,
We saw you at PS last saturday. Didnt know you were an oso member. You should have pulled in and chatted with us. Would have loved to talked. As far as steering you might want to check with Maxx and Alfster on the board, they are now producing a full system that is top shelf equipment at a very reasonable price. If you want his number I can get it, but I dont have it with me now. I know John and I would recommend his steering to anyone. Tell him I sent you..

Dick
Old 08-16-2003, 09:03 AM
highroller

Thanks Mr Gadgets, I also seen you. I was picking a friend and his wife up there and then seen some others. I wanted to stop and talk with you guys but didnt make it that far before you left. I'll stop in ps again and stop and talk. You guys all have nice looking boats! I like oso theres some great info. As far as steering goes I bought imco duel ram system and installed it this week,installes easy nice looking stuff. Makes th rest of stuff on the back look bad. I'm going out sat and sun to give it test, let you know how it works on my boat. THANKS for all the info from everyone!! Bob

Old 10-11-2003, 03:47 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Ran it in the river today and the best I could get was 65mph @ 5050rpms. Seamed to do better in the salt water but I didn't get much of a chance to run hard, water has been a little to rough.
Going to up-grade trim tabs over the winter, i think they will help alot in the rougher water.
Any body using the "Victory tabs"?