Notices

Help

Old 08-26-2003, 05:19 PM
check freak

Liquiadator,

Thanks for the advice. I am not going to mess with the trim tabs. Any money, other than gas money, will be reserved solely for motor mods and external steering.

Old 08-26-2003, 05:24 PM
check freak

Talking

I just had a break through discovery. Orginally my batteries were mounted under the engine hatch on the starboard side of the boat in what appears to be a wooden battery box. The guy I bought the boat from relocated the batteries under the rear seat. One on each side on the boat. A better location in my opinion. Maybe if I put app. 50#'s of something on the starboard side of the boat it will help to level out the boat. I still think having to run the tabs to level out the boat sucks. They should fix these sort of problems before the boat leaves the factory. I still love my check, what an awesome ride

Thanks again for everyones replies,

Andy

Last edited by check freak; 08-26-2003 at 05:26 PM.

Old 08-26-2003, 05:37 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

When I bought my boat, the original Gil mount had been removed and a second battery had been added.
Both on the starboard side. Boat did have a list to the starboard side. When i did it over, I put them on opposite sides and it seem to run pretty level.
You can look back at my older threads under motor mounts and see some other issues I found.
Old 08-27-2003, 12:56 PM
Liquidator

Hello Check freak,

Trust me, it is not expensive to extend the trim tapes. Maybe USDollars 50,00 and it realy helps to level out your boat. The reason why the boat lists is in my opinion the hull. The hull makes the boat list that what I experienced by riding different ones and what other people also experienced. You just need to weld a stainless steel plate so that the new form is the same than the one of a kickaefer.

Greetings

Liquidator.

Old 09-04-2003, 05:51 AM
Registered

Received 111 Likes on 27 Posts

My 251 sometimes lists to starboard. I usually use this opportunity to compliment the lady friends weight. I say something like "Wow, see what a hundred pounds difference does, it makes the boat lean to one side".

Now if it lists to port.......... I wouldn't try this one

I have found that the tide and wind really play a big part on the way my Check rides. I am constantly working the tabs to keep the boat level when at cruise speeds traveling in a channel that makes you change directions a lot. As far as the listing, I put the cooler under the passenger seat and my five gallon fresh water tank on the port side to help.