broken checkmate >

broken checkmate

Notices

broken checkmate

Old 02-18-2005, 12:02 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: broken checkmate

i've never heard the term "crackmate" either??

True Story.....
I was on a poker run in A.C. a few years ago, and a 24 superboat that was on the run had to be towed in becuase of electrical problems ( he couldn't raise the hatch to even look ). once we got the hatch up at the dock we saw what the problem was...EVERYTHING that was mounted in the engine compartment came loose and was laying in the bilge....including the batteries. Fiberglass and gelcoat pieces everywhere. Boat couldn't handle 4 footers without comming apart. My Checkmate seemed to hold up fine
Old 02-18-2005, 07:24 AM
Registered

Who bashed you ?
Old 02-18-2005, 08:21 AM
Registered

Thayes11,
Nobody bashed you. But, you probably have all the 'Mate guys laughing now.

There is a history of problems with 16'-21' Checkmates just because YOU know of 20 guys who have complained. That is one of the dumbest comments I've ever heard.

Noone ever complains about Superboats? We know that's not true....

-Craig
Old 02-18-2005, 08:32 AM
Registered

Ah, some truth is starting to surface. Goto Checkmate-boats.com to read the comments from the guy who bought Skaterjim's Checkmate after it was repaired.

-Craig
Old 02-18-2005, 10:43 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thayes11-

I think enough has been said. You have worn out your welcome here. So how about honoring your decision not to visit the Checkmate message board, and no one will talk about your boat. Fair enough?
Old 02-18-2005, 10:48 AM
Registered

No Bunched Panties Here

Is it the pulling on the transom torque from the outboards that causes the cracks? Seems like an eggbeater boat would put more stress on a transom than an I/O boat?

I'm not sure i would have bought a 3rd Check after 2 previous boats cracked on me....Might not even have bought a second one. What did the factory say?
Old 02-18-2005, 11:10 AM
Registered

Thayes11,

You are the only one crying here... I'm not going to get into a name-calling thing here...We just gave examples of 'Mates that held up in extreme conditions with big power.

There is no history of Checkmate boats having a known transom problem. Have any Checkmates ever had a transom fail? I’m sure there have been. But they are not KNOWN for it? Absolutely Not!

People in this business KNOW that Checkmate constructs a fine transom, one of the best in the business. I do not know why yours broke. Maybe you should have added extra support. Usually you need to do some sort of mod to the transom if you set an O.B. back too far. Example greater than 18”. But like the examples I gave earlier in this thread, I’ve seen them set back (several of my own and several others) very far with big HP and no problems.

Seems to me that you are generalizing because you have had problems with Checkmate. (My panties are not in a bunch when I say that.) Why did you keep buying them? How bad did they crack. I guess it doesn’t really matter anyway, the number quality ‘Mate transoms that haven’t failed, far outweigh the numbers that have failed. The reason a lot of guys buy Checkmates is that the transoms are built so heavy and they can setback big motors on em’. I’m sorry Thayes11, but that is a fact. You have to remember, first of all that these boats transoms are under tremendous stress. The 21’ Checkmate is the only one that is warranted with setback and that’s only a standard 5.5”. Not many mfr’s will even do that. I’ve seen a lot of guys also with other mfr boats set V6’s back 8”, 10”, 12” or more. When they crack, do they whine and cry? NO, (well maybe a little). They fix em, and they do it again. Then they buy the same brand boat again because they know it wasn’t the mfr’s fault.

-Craig
Old 02-18-2005, 12:23 PM
Registered

Enough!!! this is way out of hand!! everyone is entitiled to their opinion and this is a forum, so expect the good and the bad! maybe this...maybe that....
someone posted not too buy a checkmate, it was his opinion!! as said before, he may have been able to say it better as to not be so sarcastic....but lets face he had a bad circumstance and felt it may not have been taken care of, he wont buy a cmate again. water over the bridge. i dont think his is a common example of what many people see. but again, thats his opinion.

if you read this thread its sounds like we're ALL 3 year olds here!!!(including me!!) we have stated the goods and the bads here, lets leave it alone.....

my opinion......thanks for listening.......

kevin
Old 02-18-2005, 01:42 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

boatn70: well said
todd
Old 02-18-2005, 02:03 PM
Registered

I bet my Daddy is Stronger than Your Daddy

Quick Reply: broken checkmate

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.