Chief / Scout >

Chief / Scout

Notices

Chief / Scout

Old 11-23-2013, 05:03 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Phragle, it's sort of like when Checkmate leased the Chief mold to make the Punisher.
Old 11-23-2013, 07:54 PM
Registered

Received 692 Likes on 276 Posts

It has Apache lineage...it just wouldn't be right if the history wasn't complicated
Old 11-24-2013, 12:57 AM
Registered

Received 391 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
I think I understand...but then again this is as confusing as an apache thread..... LOM advertises a chief boat, puts pictures of an apache and a defender in their ad, and If I have it right Bobby is building boats out of the 21 mold, phil is building 21's out of the same mold but with bobby's help, both boats come from the same mold, same layup, same workers, but Bobbys has his signature on the dash.. So its like all general motors, where the suburban is the suburban except when it has a new grill and badge its yukon and if you bling it out its an escalade... But who has the leather jacket??
Yeah, the interior pics are of my Scout. Not a big deal. When talking with Phil and Bob I suggested to use the pics of mine if needed. I am humbled that they were. I am really excited to see the first boat come together for the both of them. I am not sure of the details but I wish them both the best of luck.
Old 11-24-2013, 01:11 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just want to set the record straight about the Chief Edition 21' Scout... Phil’s 21’ Scout built by Defender Powerboats are manufactured out of my original 21’ Apache Scout molds. I am working with Phil to get him started on his way into the marine powerboat business. These same molds are used to build the "Chief Edition Scout" for Chief Powerboats to complement our dealer line for name sake. I am personally overseeing Defender Powerboats in Phil’s absence. He was asked to return back to Afghanistan for a short stay and will be back before Christmas to continue working on his personal 21' Scout. I spoke to him this morning and he said all is well BUT the rocket and mortar attacks really annoy him while he is trying to do his job.

“God speed a safe return Phil”
Old 11-25-2013, 02:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No need to change the pics Eddie. Jacks came out as beautiful as a new one would. Im happy for Bonz that the hard work work he put into his is being shown to everyone. Pleasure to meet you Bob at the Venture cup. Looking forward to next year. Stay safe Phil
Old 11-25-2013, 04:15 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,248 Likes on 541 Posts

The industry is circling back to the NE 188th Street era of boat-building. People shared molds, girlfriends, square grouper, investors, and other wares; sometimes knowingly & sometimes not. The internet just makes the "street" a little larger and a little smaller at the same time.

Is that a Chief, McManus, Apache, or other? (Thanks for clearing that up Bobby!)
Is that a Donzi, Baja, Fountain or other?
Is that a Spectre, Frisini, Adrenaline, Sonic, or other?
Is that a Talon, Hustler, Outerlimits, Eliminator, or other?
Is that a MTI, Skater, or other?

There are others, but some family trees have stayed narrow and some have fanned quite wide.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 11-25-2013 at 04:22 PM.
Old 11-25-2013, 04:40 PM
Registered

Received 110 Likes on 63 Posts

So will this be titles as a Defender and is a "limited edition" model or will it have a Chief title?
Old 11-25-2013, 04:52 PM
Registered

Received 692 Likes on 276 Posts

Thank you for coming on and clearing that up Bobby. Nothing is better than hearing it from the man himself.

As for JBonz piks, I love that boat! and I have told him so. I think he nailed the updated classic boat perfectly.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:45 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

That settles that, thanks Bobby!
Old 11-26-2013, 09:19 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very hard to find someone as great as Bobby S & and Chief Powerboats. He has always been willing to advise with lots of our projects.
very best wishes Bobby!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.