Just Bought a 1984 Stinger 260 >

Just Bought a 1984 Stinger 260

Notices

Just Bought a 1984 Stinger 260

Old 08-15-2005, 08:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Bought a 1984 Stinger 260

Hello all - a few months ago, I bought my first boat, a 1984 Stinger 260. The engines run well, the hull is in good shape, and for the most part the interior is good. However, there is some work to be done, and I've just gotten started. Right now the boats slipped in Racine, WI, and I've had a it out a couple of times for fun. I'm having a blast and look forward to working on the boat.
I've been watching this board for a while and just upgraded so I can participate in the collective wisdom regarding these boats. I have a few questions - if anybody could help I'd greatly appreciate it.

- does anybody know where to get a replacement cabin door?
- does anybody know where to get a replacement instrument cover?
- where is the location for the chemical potty - when one walks down into the cuddy cabin and goes to the end, there is a small squarish compartment, but it seems to be too shallow to accept a porta-potty.
- any ideas where the pump for the cuddy-cabin sink was located?

thanks in advance!
Old 08-18-2005, 04:05 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 1,131 Likes on 568 Posts
Default Re: Just Bought a 1984 Stinger 260

-cabin doors are gonna be hard to find unless you can find a boat in a grave yeard or on ebay or maye someone that can make one for ya from scratch. I'd try and look at some places that cam make windshields for boats...maybe they can do something for ya.

-The instument cover if i remember correctly was a square piece of plastic..you should be able to make your own prety easily.

-no idea on the port-o-potty....give glassdave a PM and se if he may knowsince he has the same boat i believe.

-Try pulling the knob up and down on the sink....i think they are a self pump type of dealio....hope that helped some

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 08-19-2005, 08:24 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 296 Likes on 103 Posts

i will get some pics and measurments of mine this weekend. one thing i did when i got my boat was to get rid of the ice box just inside the cabin to the right under the dash. i always use a cooler and i needed the extra room.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 08-23-2005, 02:17 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

didnt forget about ya had a prob with the boat an have to pull it out this week. i will take some than.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:20 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by glassdave
i always use a cooler and i needed the extra room.
me too.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:21 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by glassdave
didnt forget about ya had a prob with the boat an have to pull it out this week. i will take some than.
I wondered why you blew off my PM. You bastage.
Old 11-11-2005, 09:47 PM
Registered

Received 449 Likes on 297 Posts

I did some work on mine too! Take your time it's worth it! For the cabin door I went with a snaped canvas. Door was all broken.
Attached Thumbnails Just Bought a 1984 Stinger 260-13.jpg   Just Bought a 1984 Stinger 260-74.jpg  
Old 12-09-2005, 06:33 PM
Registered

I just bought and 84 Stinger too.......about 2 months ago.
Came with a fresh Starboard 350 .

First time out the Port engine started running hot & hard shifting. No problem..took it to the shop..akk new fluids, new pump, greased the linkages. found burned upper bearing on the Port side & replaced the Upper unit with an SEI aftermarket alpha.

Second time out I lost both outdrives. First the Starboard then the Port when trying to dock. Starboard had a sheared shaft with evidence of previous damage. The uinsheared shaft had a twist to it. The Port was a mystery. Replaced the entire Starboard outdrive with a new SEI unit & replaced the Port lower unit rather than put more labor into a 20 yr old unit. At least I did get to play the new stereo I installed while waiting for Tow Boat US. Also had plenty of time to drink extra beer.

When I went to pick it up from the shop I smelled gas...lots of gas! Figured I was still being punished for crimes from a previous life and obviously hadn't spent enough money yet. I was hoping for a leaking sending unit gasket....nope...leaking tank...gotta cut the floor out etc....

Should get the tank in by the 1st week of January. Hoping to make a run to Bimini from Ft. Lauderdale in late May. The boat should be good to go...lots of new parts

Friends ask me what kind of boat I have...''Oh, its a Stinger''..I'll bet it is...
Old 12-10-2005, 12:34 AM
Registered

Received 449 Likes on 297 Posts

Welcome aboard eclinden!
Old 12-10-2005, 09:02 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Yep . . Welcome aboard eclinden. . . .do you have any pics of your boat? sorry to hear about the problems with your boat but once its all sorted out you will have a great piece. i have had mine for 3 or 4 years now and love it. the 260's have a good layout and are very big for a 26 footer

Quick Reply: Just Bought a 1984 Stinger 260

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.