260 Stinger front deck railing >

260 Stinger front deck railing

Notices

260 Stinger front deck railing

Old 03-06-2007, 12:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 260 Stinger front deck railing

I'm wanting to take the bow railing off for a cleaner look. I've removed the mirror from the front of the cabin to access the front bolts and I can get to the bolts by the windshield...any way to drop the headliner without screwing it up so bad it needs to be replaced? My only other option is to cut the railing and twist off the pieces with vise grips...but not what I'd really like to do.

Anyone have a rough idea of what it would cost to have the cabin cushions, back seat, and sun deck re-upholstered? I see a lot of new interior pics floating around and I already have my boat and interior completely tore apart getting ready for sanding and primer. Thanks for any info!
Old 03-07-2007, 09:56 AM
Registered

I had to do the same thing when I painted the top of my 245.
If its like mine was, I just peeled back the headliner after I took all cuddy out. There is sprayed in insulation or padding behind it. Get a good idea where those bolts are and peel a part of that out just big enough for a ratchet. You can spray adhesive eveything back in. As long as you lay the headliner back out good and smooth you wont be able to tell, the top rail in the cuddy should cover that when you put it back in. I think the 260 has one.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:54 PM
Registered

in my 88 260 it had a suspended headlinner and when I redid the cabin the material was stapled to a piece of wood and roled 1 time and attached to the side where the cap meets the hull of the boat. When I put it back in I elected to glue a material normally used in the trunk of autos and let it span ( not touch ) across the indentations. It turned out nice. I'm not sure if you can save it after you remove it, I was'nt trying to.
Old 03-08-2007, 07:24 AM
Registered

Yeah, that sounds like the way mine is, suspended. It's all in very good shape and I really hate to mess with it. I may just try cutting the railing and taking it off that way first and see what happens. You'd think they would have some way to take it down without harming it....Thanks for the info though.
Old 03-08-2007, 04:10 PM
Registered

This past winter, I removed my captain's bench, took off all of the upholstery and foam. I then replaced all of the wood, and repaired some cracks in the fiberglass. The dark red of the bottom cushion (where one sits) had been worn through, so I had a canvas shop replace all of the dark red on the seat (they could not match the original color exactly) and put it back together - they sealed the wood, replaced the foam, and replaced the dark red on the chair for around $700. I'm sure it would not have cost as much if I did not want to just replace the red, i.e. if they just re-upholstered the whole chair without the same pattern, as the pattern adds to the complexity. However, I wanted the seat to be as close to original as possible. It came out really nice and I was impressed by their work. Hope that helps.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:34 AM
Registered

I'm taking the seats and all to the upholstery shop tonight for a bid. I'm also going to see how much more for a full mooring cover and snap in carpet will be. I've been toying with the idea of losing the cockpit cover...the snaps all over the boat just aren't visually appealing, at least the way they are installed on my boat they aren't. Thanks for the info!
Old 03-13-2007, 12:07 PM
Registered

I had a canvas shop fabricate a custom cockpit cover last year - it was about $700. It uses the buttons around the cockpit, is red to match the color of my boat, and has pockets for lifting-poles. Not sure how you can do a cover without buttons as that's what keeps it taught so that the water won't pool on it. The canvas shop replaced some buttons/snaps that were no longer working or missing.