Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Chris Craft
1987 Chris Craft - 41' Stinger >

1987 Chris Craft - 41' Stinger

Notices

1987 Chris Craft - 41' Stinger

Old 04-11-2007, 08:52 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

BTW, that 41 in the auction is not a Stinger. The 41 stingers had a tall raised deck, square windshield, and porthole windows on the hull sides. I would be very cautious here, there could be a reason the boat is titled under a different vin. Insurance scams, stolen, etc.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is a a pic of a 87 415. With the Arch being different directions I can not see port windows and the glass is curved at the bottom. It is hard to see in that area. I got this from Chris Craft
Attached Thumbnails 1987 Chris Craft - 41' Stinger-1987-stinger-415-1-150dpi.jpg  
Old 04-11-2007, 10:40 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking at the pics again, I'm starting to see the Formula guys' points. There could very well be a 390x underneath some modifications. They boxed in the rear ventilation and made it line up to a Furmula style rear end. Inside the bilge the transom looks flat. On my 375 which has a molded in platform, you can see the mold from the inside. The dash is close enough to have been modified. Look at the shifter controls. They have the same style box all the way down. They updated the look with the Taylormade glass with that little custom aluminum piece to bridge the gap to the arch.

When you get it, take a look at the structural stuff, like where and how the gas and holding tanks are mounted, and compare it to the other 390 you're getting. It just might be that someone had a 390x in the mid nineties and instead of spending a fortune on a new boat, threw 10k in modifications at it and had themselves a very nice updated Stinger.

Last edited by Joyride; 04-11-2007 at 10:51 AM.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Joyride
Looking at the pics again, I'm starting to see the Formula guys' points. There could very well be a 390x underneath some modifications. They boxed in the rear ventilation and made it line up to a Furmula style rear end. Inside the bilge the transom looks flat. On my 375 which has a molded in platform, you can see the mold from the inside. The dash is close enough to have been modified. Look at the shifter controls. They have the same style box all the way down. They updated the look with the Taylormade glass with that little custom aluminum piece to bridge the gap to the arch.

When you get it, take a look at the structural stuff, like where and how the gas and holding tanks are mounted, and compare it to the other 390 you're getting. It just might be that someone had a 390x in the mid nineties and instead of spending a fortune on a new boat, threw 10k in modifications at it and had themselves a very nice updated Stinger.

I am taking a chance that is the case. I will know alot more once I see it. What is your thoughts on the other one? If I wanted to sell it like it is? Or would to sink money into it and try to sell it for 30g? Or sell it as is and take that money and put it into the nicer boat.

Mike
Old 04-11-2007, 11:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by redcorvetteman3
I am taking a chance that is the case. I will know alot more once I see it. What is your thoughts on the other one? If I wanted to sell it like it is? Or would to sink money into it and try to sell it for 30g? Or sell it as is and take that money and put it into the nicer boat.

Mike
That's a tough one. I guess it depends on what your fiberglass guy says it takes to fix the ugly one. Also the condition of the motors that are in it. Would you keep them where they are or move them to the better boat. You could probably fix that 390, re-mount the drives, repair the interior, and sell it for 25-30K. Then take that $ and buy motors and drives for the nice boat.

If it's too much to fix the side of the boat. Transfer the motors and drives to the nice boat and your done. Sell that other hull for a few thousand (When they're stripped, they don't bring much).
Old 04-11-2007, 12:00 PM
Registered

JoyRide,

How far are you from Tyler, TX??
Old 04-11-2007, 12:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by redcorvetteman3
JoyRide,

How far are you from Tyler, TX??
About 2hrs. Tyler is 90 minutes east of Dallas and I'm about 30 north of Dallas. Lake Dallas was the original name of Lake Lewisville. The town is still called Lake Dallas.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:30 PM
Registered

Just wondering I may be going down there for work in a month
Old 04-23-2007, 10:32 AM
Registered

Picked one of them up on friday here are a few pic's
Everything looked very sound and solid. except for the back seat and deck lid. The boat was updated looking at everything face to face you can see signs. The dash panel was all new you can see new fiberglass. Also the same with the exhaust. It was not factory. I will have LOTS of questions so be ready!. I have had boats all my life just not HP ones. I am good with a wrench just need some knowledge!!

Mike

I can not get the pics to load I will try later
Old 04-23-2007, 06:52 PM
Registered

Pics

Quick Reply: 1987 Chris Craft - 41' Stinger

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.