chris cat in big water

Notices

chris cat in big water

Old 01-24-2008, 02:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default chris cat in big water

hi,

I'd like to know if these cats (even don't know for the others) are suitable for open salt water navigation as i can only see guys who use it on lake... and what would be their performance then, compared to a vee..
Old 01-24-2008, 02:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

like this?

chris cat in big water-miami-86-love-again.jpg
Old 01-24-2008, 02:58 PM
Registered

sorry, can't see the pic as i'm not an upgrade member...
could you give me a public link or send the pic by eMail ?
superchabin (at) hotmail dot com
thanks
Old 01-24-2008, 03:00 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

my buddy uses his on lake michagan. powerplays are true rough water boats.
Attached Thumbnails chris cat in big water-cat.jpg  
Old 01-24-2008, 03:07 PM
Registered

They used to race them in the ocean. Most with 600 hp small blocks.
The modified record was about 116. Those boats and newer cats can do amazing things given the proper inputs. The big cats now days will run in pretty much anything. Your good sense and abilities will likely find limits before the boat will. Ideas of big water and comfort differ of course.
Old 01-24-2008, 03:42 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Probably the best rough water cat design of its size. I raced one for many years in the Pro-Stock class, and when we were in really big water the boat was awesome and very forgiving. I would like to find an inboard "project" boat at some point in the future.

Tom
Total marine
Old 01-24-2008, 04:26 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They were great back in the day. The Chris Cats and Shadow Cats handled the rough water much better than the early Skaters. I always wondered where ours went. We sold it in Mamaroneck, NY around 1994. Last I heard it went to LOTO.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:15 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

We actually sold "Duckin' Out" to your dad. I resold it for him out of our Mamaroneck location to a guy who kept it in Greenwich, and then I think it wound up in LOTO. That boat was for sure the best looking Chris-Cat ever done. I would love to get my hands on that boat again! Say hi to your dad for me. I have to get to the Black Duck one day soon.

Tom
Total Marine
Old 01-25-2008, 11:28 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by TGC-32
We actually sold "Duckin' Out" to your dad. I resold it for him out of our Mamaroneck location to a guy who kept it in Greenwich, and then I think it wound up in LOTO. That boat was for sure the best looking Chris-Cat ever done. I would love to get my hands on that boat again! Say hi to your dad for me. I have to get to the Black Duck one day soon.

Tom
Total Marine
It was a nice boat....I can remember riding in that thing as a kid. My buddy still talks about how he would run out from his house to his dock every time he heard the Duckin Out coming by. Would love to see what it looks like now. I'll see if I can scan a old picture of it and get it posted.

Stop by the Duck sometime, my old man has his spot at the end of the bar.

-Chris
Old 01-25-2008, 12:26 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TGC-32

Tom
Total Marine
Ah, I know Total re-sold it...did not know he originally got it from you guys. We will have to scan a few pics and posta thread to see if we can locate that bad boy!

Like Chris said, there is a seat at the bar for you. I see you are now in Norwalk. He is getting docks put in this summer for "Dock & Dine." Come on over!

Last edited by Gladhe8er; 01-25-2008 at 12:28 PM.

Quick Reply: chris cat in big water

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.