New Chris Cat Owner >

New Chris Cat Owner

Notices

New Chris Cat Owner

Old 03-28-2008, 09:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default triple outboards

Believe it or not, the guy in Penn. with the triple outboards, I sent him a $2000.oo deposit and two days before I was leaving he called and wanted to keep the boat. I didn't mind because I leaned from him that they were stock outboards and had to mix the oil and gas, I really wanted the one I bought anyway, so I let him off the hook he returned my deposit by wire transfer and I went to FL and picked up the one I now have.
Old 03-28-2008, 10:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jeff32
intimidating? really? how come?
I have no twin driving experience and no cat driving experience.

The boat is very "large" on the trailer and sites roughly 6-9 ft on top of the trailer.....the look of it is intimidating....On the water its like driving a Cadillac, the boat feels HUGE and has a great ride....mentally there is allot going on in my head when running mine and its just the learning curve of operating it....

Really in all honesty...I have had the boat for a month and driven it once due to the "ramp issues" I had taking it out for the first time.... Long story short, a buddy backed the trailer in too far and the trailer went off the ramp....I broke one of the axles on the trailer and bent the other axle.....new axles get here Monday and I will take her out next weekend for more seat time...

I have ALLOT of little things that need to be fixed or tinkered with on mine....thank god nothing major is wrong with my boat....
Old 03-30-2008, 01:15 PM
Registered

OK, I'm extremely confused. I just called the number in the ad for the "30 thunder" boat to let him know it was still on there after it was sold and the guy claims he has a deposit on it. But according to your post (long duck dong) and pictures you have the boat. I guess I'm confused as to how the same guy has it for sale with a deposit when you have possession of the boat. Please explain.

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o20274-en.html

Last edited by prostock85; 03-30-2008 at 01:42 PM.
Old 03-30-2008, 04:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by prostock85
OK, I'm extremely confused. I just called the number in the ad for the "30 thunder" boat to let him know it was still on there after it was sold and the guy claims he has a deposit on it. But according to your post (long duck dong) and pictures you have the boat. I guess I'm confused as to how the same guy has it for sale with a deposit when you have possession of the boat. Please explain.

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o20274-en.html
Yep, I bought the boat....It's inside of my shop right now and I acutally put new bilge pumps in it today....Dont know what the guy is talking about??....hmmm??

I think the ad actually expired?.....after I bought it the ad was gone but now it's back?...wierd...
Attached Thumbnails New Chris Cat Owner-img_1664.jpg  

Last edited by long duck dong; 03-30-2008 at 04:20 PM.
Old 03-30-2008, 07:59 PM
Registered

Congrats on the purchase, I wanted that boat bad. Something weird is going on with that guy. He was rather rude when I was just trying to assist.

Best of luck with it. I just got back from looking at the triple o/b one from ebay
Old 03-30-2008, 11:18 PM
Registered

Angry Rude guy

I didn't mean to be rude, I purchased the twin outboard, the orangy/yellow one out of Florida. The one from PA with the triples, I had a deposit on it and he called a couple days before I was leaving to pick it up from him and he wanted to keep it , that is what he told me anyway, he returned my deposit .
I was at Visious Marine today with Sparky and I was on the computer and I went to EBay and saw that the triple was back on, I guess he didn't want to sell it for $24000.00, thats what we agreed on, well it looks like he %#@#$^ anyway, I think there was only an hour left on the auction and the bids were really low, Shame on him, he lost and I got the boat I wanted in the first place, sometimes life works like that.
Sorry if you misunderstood me.
Ron
Old 03-30-2008, 11:26 PM
Registered

Default Here I go again

I "misspoke again", I thought you were talking about my reply, but after going back a few messages I understand now that you were talking about the owner of the 30' of Thunder boat.
Yes he is wierd, before the auction ended I called him and asked what he would want if it didn't sell, I couldn't believe it, we ended up with me giving him my 1996 Mustang convertable and $24000.00 cash, he said he was a car dealer, but he was strange, I am glad someone took that nice boat away from that idiot.
Ron
Old 03-31-2008, 09:36 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by azcerteng
I "misspoke again", I thought you were talking about my reply, but after going back a few messages I understand now that you were talking about the owner of the 30' of Thunder boat.
Yes he is wierd, before the auction ended I called him and asked what he would want if it didn't sell, I couldn't believe it, we ended up with me giving him my 1996 Mustang convertable and $24000.00 cash, he said he was a car dealer, but he was strange, I am glad someone took that nice boat away from that idiot.
Ron
Ron, No worries with me....I didnt take anything you said as being rude...

I bought 30' of Thunder off the OSO Classifieds...I saw your boat with the Twin OB's when it ran on ebay a few months ago. Now there is another Chris Cat on ebay with Triple 2.5 OB's.....As far as I knew there were 3 out there for sale and you and I bought two of them....the only one left is the triple 2.5 ob's boat....appearantly it didnt meet it's reserve on ebay...

Steve
Old 03-31-2008, 11:12 AM
Registered

Hi Steve, ya, that guy with the triples thought he was a smart one, only you and I ended up with the best boats. I never owned a CAT or outboards either but don't let it intimidate you, it is only a matter of wheel time to get used to anything. In all my years of racing on land the statement I remember most is when I was an SCCA Driving instructor, I started by telling my students, " Don't be afraid of your car, but respect it, it can kill you, if you think you are in over your head step down, thats when you kill someone else." I don't think this applies to you, you are already respecting your boat.
Have a good and safe season.
Ron
Old 04-03-2008, 06:31 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Looks better with out the name,looks a lot bigger in your shop

Quick Reply: New Chris Cat Owner

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.