Notices

chris cat?

Old 07-12-2008, 02:53 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default chris cat?

Found one w/ a pair 300 outboards? how will it run/handle? What is a fair price?
Old 07-23-2008, 04:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default chris cat

do yourself a favor...steer clear of these cats, they are terribly wet untill they plane, and almost all suffered from flexible bottoms which in turn "oil-canned" the fuel tanks which resulted in leaks. There is a reason they went out of production so quickly. You'd do much better with a 30 motion cat or 32 skater. If you are dead set on this type of cat, a Superboat cat is of the same design (George Linder) and is a much better constructed boat.I hope this helps you out.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:48 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by racer711
do yourself a favor...steer clear of these cats, they are terribly wet untill they plane, and almost all suffered from flexible bottoms which in turn "oil-canned" the fuel tanks which resulted in leaks. There is a reason they went out of production so quickly. You'd do much better with a 30 motion cat or 32 skater. If you are dead set on this type of cat, a Superboat cat is of the same design (George Linder) and is a much better constructed boat.I hope this helps you out.
i think that is the first time i have heard of anyone not loving these things
Old 07-24-2008, 02:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by go chiefs
i think that is the first time i have heard of anyone not loving these things
Also, the first negative thing that I have heard about the build quality.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:04 PM
Lunatic Fringe
Platinum Member

Yo Racer711,

Not sure where you got your info but I've been playing with these Chris Cats for 15 years and never heard that story before. Please back it up with facts -- I'm curious.

Jeff
Old 07-24-2008, 08:12 PM
Registered

No disrespect, but i'm not too sure where you got your information from. 99.9% of the comments i have heard in the past have been nothing but positive (which is why i bought mine. My Chris Cat is 24 years old and still "solid as a rock" Runs great in a 3' chop at 85mph. I think the only thing you said that i can partially agree with is the wet part. If you are going below 30mph in 2'-3' chop with a headwind, then yes... you will get a bit of spray. I don't think it was designed to run slow and dry either. : )
Old 07-25-2008, 07:12 AM
Registered

The additional weight of the Chris Cat contributes to this issue at low speeds, compared to the lighter 30 foot cats of today.I'll take the extra weight in rough water. Who wants to run 30 or 40 mph anyway, right ? Thats what a v bottom is for.
Throttle up and get her going!
Old 07-25-2008, 10:28 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 92 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by racer711
I love it when people pop in here spew some bs the book........Back it up homie, where did ya get the info?????
Old 07-25-2008, 04:29 PM
Banned

I always thought that they went out of business because Chriscraft went bally up back then
Thats wy they dont built stingers or scorpions or chris cats ?!

And i never had a chris cat but i think there pretty cool.
Also any older boat will roth sooner or later .
Unless it has a full glass hullbottom.
Old 07-26-2008, 09:59 AM
Registered

Cool chris cat

I have a 1986 chris cat with twin 3.0, Pro Max's, 300 HP. The boat is great, no problems at all, with the Mercury Props, 95 MPH, have been dealing with hydromotive, four blades that I get 85 mph but can cruise at 42 MPH at 3500 RPM at 12 Gals per hour per engine, I have floscan installed. I am sending them back one more time, they are going to trim them down to a 15" they are now a 15 1/2' and cup the tips, sould see around 90 mph but about the same cruise milage. By the way hydomotive is half the price of cleavers and twice as thick and they will work on them until you are happy, they will exchange and refund in the first 30 days, great people to work with. And about the spray, it's so fine when it comes over the bow it feels good.
Best boat I have ever owned and there isn't a crack in her exept for some around the seats and such, normal stuff.

Quick Reply: chris cat?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.