Windlass issue >

Windlass issue

Notices

Windlass issue

Old 10-19-2021, 04:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windlass issue

I'm totally new to the forum but I believe that there is someone out there that may be able to assist me with a windlass issue. I have a Chris Craft 2000 32 Express that my wife and I love. Recently while hoisting the anchor with the Horizon 600 windlass one of the electrical wires to the windlass became entangled with the anchor rope and broke free from its connection in the anchor locker. I was able to reconnect the wire from the windlass but I cannot find the red wire from the battery to reconnect it. I have looked through the anchor box access panel but still cannot find the battery source wire. What I need is better access to the chain locker. I think I can gain that access through the mirror located over the front berth. I know there has to be a way to safely remove that mirror but to date I still cannot see how to do it. Needless to say there are speakers and a curtesy light attached to that entire mirror assembly and I don't want to break any of those connections.

Anyone got any ideas for me?
Old 10-20-2021, 07:05 AM
Registered

Received 800 Likes on 451 Posts

Buy, beg, borrow or steal a hand held inspection camera to find the wire or alternatively:
Contact Chris Craft ???

Customer Service Manager: ​
Bryson Ashmun
[email protected]
​+1 (941) 358-3752

Last edited by speicher lane; 10-20-2021 at 07:09 AM.
Old 10-20-2021, 09:34 AM
Registered

Speicher,

Thank you so much for your reply. Yeah I tried to do some "inspection" by hand holding my iPhone camera and doing a video through the access panel but to date no real success. I tried to call the number you provided but the number has been disconnected. Any other thoughts on who to contact? Is Chris Craft still in business? I thought the company was sold years ago.
Old 10-20-2021, 10:08 AM
Registered

Received 445 Likes on 217 Posts

From their website:
Boats Built Prior To 2001
Chris-Craft does not have records on boats produced prior to 2001. We have highlighted a list of organizations below that could better answer your questions.
The Mariners’ Museum and Park: https://www.marinersmuseum.org/library/#chris-craft
Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club: https://chris-craft.org/
The Antique and Classic Boat Society, Inc.: https://acbs.org/
Chris-Craft Commander Club:
https://commanderclub.com/

Try reaching out to one of these for help.
Old 10-21-2021, 03:48 PM
Registered

Default Windlass issue

Thanks for the advice. I've tried to call (once with the wrong number) two other times but get no answer nor call backs as of yet. Thank you for your help in this matter.
Old 10-22-2021, 05:32 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 632 Likes on 293 Posts

I have a friend with a Chris Commander 1968 42 or 43 footer. He swears by that commander site. You will get some answers there.
His has 427 Side oilers. I keep trying to get him to swap out so we can drop them in some Cobras kit cars. lol.
The following users liked this post:
resurrected (10-22-2021)
Old 10-22-2021, 10:53 AM
Registered

Great advice. I'll try them today.