chris craft owners! >

chris craft owners!

Notices

chris craft owners!

Old 01-03-2005, 06:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Re: chris craft owners!

Awesome,finally a section for Chris Crafts. I've got an 87 260 stinger I bought without motors.I built 2 355's with sr torquer heads,hyd roller cams,performer rpm intakes and quadrajet carbs.Hope to get it wet by April.Any reconmendations on props?The boat had 1 23 pitch stainless prop in the bilge when I bought it so I'm guessing that's was on the boat before.Any guess's on speed?
Old 01-04-2005, 10:48 AM
Registered

Default Re: chris craft owners!

Hi Magnum,

I too have an 87 Stinger 260. It has two OMCs, original 5.7s.

Mine is propped ok for cruising, both RH Rapture 23s I believe. I wanna say 23, because I feel like I am overpropped when I go for top speed. I can only get about 4100 rpms WOT with those props at 52mph gps. But my cruise is about 40+mph gps at 2800. Which is really good economy for a 3 ton resin bucket. I know that if I put 21s on there I could twist em faster and get more top speed. But I don't have thru hulls either.

I think that member Glassdave (1985 scorpion 260) gets about 60 mph gps. Maybe he will chime in when he gets back in town. He has slightly hopped up SBCs and alpha drives. His aren't counter-rotating either.

I have leaky (exhaust, external) manifold gaskets, so I think when I pull those in the Spring I might do intake manifolds too (mostly for cosmetics) and maybe try some cams that Dave has. Gonna leave my points in there and not switch to electronic ignition. I would also like to switch to a Livorsi style control set up. I have combo sticks.

If I have any drive issues I will probably go with Volvo SX drives instead of Alphas.

Here's the resin bucket now.
Attached Thumbnails chris craft owners!-derivera-park.jpg   chris craft owners!-chris-craft-cockpit-helm.jpg  
Old 01-04-2005, 07:53 PM
Registered

Looks good Fund Razor,did you redo your upholstry all white? Mine absolutly needs to be done and I was thinking of doing that.I have what I guess is the factory stripe package in a turquise color,Definetaly looks 80's ish.Getting a digital camera soon so I can post some pics.
Old 01-05-2005, 09:11 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by magnum
Looks good Fund Razor,did you redo your upholstry all white? Mine absolutly needs to be done and I was thinking of doing that.I have what I guess is the factory stripe package in a turquise color,Definetaly looks 80's ish.Getting a digital camera soon so I can post some pics.
The guy I bought it from did. he had a buddy who owned a trim shop. So he did a lot to the interior. He changed the colors from that yellow/red/black stripe package to purple/lighter purple (pinkish, but it works), and silver.

he did the stripes on the hull, and also carried those colors on the backs of the bolsters. And in those forward pointing arrow stripes near the back seat.
Old 01-12-2005, 11:00 PM
Registered

Here is my '85 Stinger 260, getting a new engine. Looking for new dash ideas and also like the windscreen build idea. Has anyone upgraded to Livorsi style throttle and shift levers?
Attached Thumbnails chris craft owners!-boat-1.jpg   chris craft owners!-boat-6.jpg  
Old 01-12-2005, 11:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Island Time
Here's My 26. Picture was taken near Boca Grande, FL. before Charley hit. Still have alot to do mechanically this winter before next season. Glad to see the new forum.
Very nice looking ride.The top looks like it would come in pretty handy.
Old 01-13-2005, 12:16 AM
Registered

Bad Enough, i love that paint job. I have a 168 Scorpion, so maybe some day I can upgrade. All the other Chris Crafts look awesome too!
Old 01-13-2005, 07:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BAD ENOUGH
Here is my '85 Stinger 260, getting a new engine. Looking for new dash ideas and also like the windscreen build idea. Has anyone upgraded to Livorsi style throttle and shift levers?
We're upgrading our dash and gauges this winter. Throttle and shift levers next year. Looking forward to seeing how the windscreen turns out. Will be bringing it home and laying glass the last week of January (heading to Vegas next week otherwise it would be next week).
Old 01-20-2005, 11:45 AM
Registered

My 222 stinger project:

oups, I can't put pics....
If interested, e-mail me at [email protected]
Old 01-27-2005, 08:58 AM
Registered

Great looking boats! Mine is an '87 260 and is run exlusively on Lake Conroe in TX. I've always wanted to take it offshore out of Galveston, but so far I've never found the time. I've owned it since '99 and still love it. We put two new 350's and Alpha Gen II drives on it in 2000, and we have not had a problem one with it. My only gripe with it is it has an ugly porpose tendency if I try to run it clean with the tabs up. If I can find a way to eliminate the porpose, It would be perfect. If anyone else's setup gave them this problem, how did you fix it?? We area currently running with Mirage props.

Quick Reply: chris craft owners!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.