Cafe' vs Gun >

Cafe' vs Gun

Notices

Cafe' vs Gun

Old 06-10-2005, 12:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Cafe' vs Gun

Chewy good luck finding a Cig. Any choice will handle the big water. As for my typo sorry guys. They were NOWA 4-6's. Call Bill at Lake Cumberland Marine. He was driving. Maybe the 2 Garman's and the GPS spedo were off?? Who knows, who cares.
Old 06-13-2005, 06:18 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by vandy021
I am new to this site. It is nice to see how technical everyone is. Since everyone is more into telling everyone how it is, here some facts.

1. Tiger and an X are two different beasts. One is a big water boat and is rigged for a ton more power and is more ballanced with a staggered set up.

2. I was on the phone, it's cool how everyone jumps down ppls. throats for mistakes.

3. Don't believe the numbers Call Lake Cumberland or Cigarette.

4. We have owned 12 offshore powerboats in 16 years and yes I am only 24. I can furnish a resume of boating experience that I have to give to insurance companies since I am under 25. I have been driving for 16 years.

5. Watch the 2004 Smoke on the Water Poker Run video at the blue 42x called Insanity with a pair of 1050 Sterlings. Ate all the V-bottoms but Skip who owns Cigarette.

Any water any day. I wish this site was more dedicated to people getting to know each other and make this more fun. It's turned out to be a way for people to **** talk to each other and make jokes out of mistakes. Hopefully I will see you out on the water sometime and we can have some fun running. There is only one 46xp paint job like ours, so you won't ever miss us and we will always be at the front of the pack. Unless I break it Which I am sure most people hope
Thank you for the information.

Your father has indeed an impressive ride, you can congratulate him on my behalf.

I personally rarely "jump down peoples throat" here, I razz a lot but everyone I do that to, I know or they know me. However when statements are too off kilter to even my little amount of knowledge I like to let it know.

As for your "anytime any day" remark. My father has been dead for 20 years so I'm a afraid I can't match your "any time any day" challenge with his boat.

It obviously would not be a big challenge for you fathers boat to beat mine because I would not want to break my boat in big water at those speeds. You know since I pay the repair bills on mine... It would be indeed be a shame also "if you broke it" as you mention. My sons always hate to tell me they broke something of mine and I hated to have to run with my tale between my legs when I broke something of my father's.

I hope your father enjoys his tremendous machine a lot, it deserves all the praises I am sure he gets.

Finally I attached a picture of me when I was 24 with all the stuff I "rented" (payments on all of them...) then. Believe me I was broke making payments on all that stuff but the stick I was swinging was all mine. I wish you good luck when you buy your first boat.

G.L.
Attached Thumbnails Cafe' vs Gun-fountain_1.jpg  

Last edited by GLH; 06-13-2005 at 06:20 AM.
Old 06-13-2005, 08:40 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ahmen , i second wut glh said
Old 06-13-2005, 09:29 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Old 06-13-2005, 09:55 AM
Registered

SINCE WE ARE POSTING PRIVATE MESSAGES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here was my response. You guys are great!

"I was not trying to attack. I apologize. Myself I have paid "rent" on my toys as well and paid for them when they broke. Without my fathers help I have owned three SS Comaros, a Z-06 and two GTS' Vipers one of which Lake Cumberland took on trade for our 42x we just sold. I spent my young years working my butt off with three jobs and playing piano in jazz clubs from the age of 14 until I was 21. My name was on every title and bank loan. I have now sold all of those toys to own part of our Cigarette. We are not normally out in water that rough, but owning our first Cigarette, the boys of Cigarette asked that they take us out and show us what their boats can do. I appreciate anyone who can work hard and enjoy the fruits that come along with it. I believe in not abusing the machines even though they are purchased to be run rough. I have an Italian mother who is pretty tempered in rough water going too fast. As for the attachments, I did not see any, if you want to send a pic over, I always like seeing people’s toys that they work hard for. I am personally a Corvette fan myself. My father gave the collection up to do some serious boating b/c they cars have become hard to work on. I have had about three of them, but like my father, I like to change cars a lot. I appreciate you comments to the site. Once again, I am humbled by the knowledge of the people on this site and what they can teach a young kid. Most adults think the ones of us who are you have never lifted a finger in their life. I enjoy hearing that quite often, b/c that gives me the drive to say that I can do whatever the baby boomers did. I do agree with their comments because 98% of the people I have encountered that are my age did not work got everything handed to them. Fortunately I cam from a different family. Once again, the immaturity spoke though, and my apologies. I hope that as time goes on you can teach me a few things through the threads. I have read some of your posts and it looks like you have a lot of knowledge that you can teach us young punks or even some of the old-timers!!!

Best regards,

Vandy

Last edited by vandy021; 06-13-2005 at 10:47 AM.
Old 06-13-2005, 10:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dreamer
GLH you forgot the tag line.......

unless its an APACHE!!!!
I don't know of many boats that are going to go 95 mph in TRUE 8' waves. In my experience most people add 2-3' when discussing wave heights. Real 8' waves will rock your world. In the 90 or 91(not sure which year, getting old I guess) Grand Haven race it was a real honest 6-8' on Lake Michigan. The race was black flagged halfway through. The fastest lap in a 41 Apache was 69.9 mph. The 47 Apaches did about 10 mph faster. These weren't the styrofoam boats that are built today. Offshore stories are alot like fishing stories.
Old 06-13-2005, 10:40 AM
Registered

hey vandy, dont worry about it... you seem to be ok and yes, these guys will call you on what you say.. these are a great group of guys and i have met some great people through this site. they are are very knowledgeable, and most of them will go out of there way without ever meeting you. so, it was good to see you eat that humble pie with a glass of milk instead of being a punk. this board will bring you hours of enjoyment when your not boating and plenty of good times with the people you meet when your on the water...

there is only room for one resident punk and that me... Mr. Wonderful
Old 06-13-2005, 10:56 AM
Registered

thanks stcz20, i feel a lot better. i will let you be the resident punk!!!
Old 06-13-2005, 10:58 AM
Registered

Received 3,393 Likes on 1,094 Posts

Originally Posted by ApacheCarl
I don't know of many boats that are going to go 95 mph in TRUE 8' waves. In my experience most people add 2-3' when discussing wave heights. Real 8' waves will rock your world. In the 90 or 91(not sure which year, getting old I guess) Grand Haven race it was a real honest 6-8' on Lake Michigan. The race was black flagged halfway through. The fastest lap in a 41 Apache was 69.9 mph. The 47 Apaches did about 10 mph faster. These weren't the styrofoam boats that are built today. Offshore stories are alot like fishing stories.
We took a Tiger w/6's and 1000's out of Channel Islands a couple of months ago. C.I. is known for it's BIG water and this day was no exception. 6-8's EASY! with confused white caps and wind chop. We got the boat on plane in front of the break wall, swung around the outside and after falling off the backsides of those cliffs and getting sprayed a couple of times, we decided to head back. In that kind of water it just isn't fun anymore. I boat for enjoyment, not for work!

Vandy, nice appology. I agree w/Stecs 100%. And I still wish my dad owned a Rough Rider! Or at least I could buy into it, though I wouldn't if my dad owned it!!
Old 06-13-2005, 11:09 AM
Registered

Since GLG posted some picks I am too. This isn't being a punk, but these were mine by time a I was 21. One at a time though, not all at once. The Viper pics aren't on disk. But they were final editions. One was 280 and the other was an ACR which was 214. It went to someone in Ohio when we traded it in to Randy at Lake Cumberland. I think ppl are stuck on this 5-8 thing!! I meant 4-6 oh well, you all got a good laugh out of it

thisistank I can only afford a small part and it gives Dad and I some bonding time since we work together every day!! PLUS I HAVE TO PAY FOR A FIANCE NOW!!! AHHHH!!
Attached Thumbnails Cafe' vs Gun-1.jpg   Cafe' vs Gun-2.jpg   Cafe' vs Gun-3.jpg  

Last edited by vandy021; 06-22-2005 at 12:11 AM.

Quick Reply: Cafe' vs Gun

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.