Notices

New to me boat........

Old 08-05-2005, 06:15 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,404 Likes on 475 Posts
Default Re: New to me boat........

Originally Posted by dhlaw
There is a stability with the side by side set up that is more pronounced than with staggered. The deal was very good, the boat is literally like brand new, and I just want to go have some fun..... I am really just at that point where if it isnt gonna be fun I am done. I am tired of worrying about how fast other boats are, who is first to the first card stop, blah blah blah. I want to run 70 mph with 2 or 3 of my buddies along side with our families, raft together at lunch, and hang together afterwards.
Thats exactly why I bought my tiger, I passed over 4-5 with sick power, I want to enjoy the days out. Was on a poker run and a 46 w/ cobras blew by me, I thought man that was sweet, then I went by him sitting dead on the water, I patted "Bad Girl" on the dash and stock is wonderful!!
Old 08-05-2005, 07:58 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If I had a dime........

"There is a stability with the side by side set up that is more pronounced than with staggered. The deal was very good, the boat is literally like brand new, and I just want to go have some fun..... I am really just at that point where if it isnt gonna be fun I am done. I am tired of worrying about how fast other boats are, who is first to the first card stop, blah blah blah. I want to run 70 mph with 2 or 3 of my buddies along side with our families, raft together at lunch, and hang together afterwards."

Brett Congratulations on the New Ride.
The thing that I find ironic is that nearly everyone that I "know" at one time or another goes through the very thing that you are alluding too. I figure that it's just the lucky ones that wisen up soon enough to get back to having fun.
Now get out there and use it up and get it wet.
Best
Robert Shin
a.k.a. Rice Hauler
Old 08-05-2005, 08:25 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I actually put the boat in the water last night after work for a test run and ended up staying out till dark. The weather was slightly overcast and the breeze was nice. I could listen to the stereo, and cruise the river without having peolple come out of their houses with their fingers in their ears, not worry about the marine patrol pulling me for loud exhaust. It was nice!

I think alot of us get caught up in the "one upmanship" part of this hobby and start down the path to burn out. I thought that I wanted to race, I tried it and learned alot. Its not for me right now. There is way too much cost to even running a few races, cocsts in time and $$ as well as emotional strain on family. Ironically, at age 20 I would have been all over this stuff...... but of course how many 20 year olds can afford it!!! Back then it was MX and it was cheap. Maybe I will name the new boat "Full Circle"....
Old 08-05-2005, 08:36 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hope to see you on the river tomorrow.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:04 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,404 Likes on 475 Posts

Originally Posted by dhlaw
Maybe I will name the new boat "Full Circle"....
Very cool!!!
Old 08-05-2005, 08:35 PM
45 Lip Ship / 900 Zul's
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Brett
Nice ride
Best of luck with it

Rick OSG