Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Is there a Cig. in the future???????????? >

Is there a Cig. in the future????????????

Notices

Is there a Cig. in the future????????????

Old 08-08-2005, 07:03 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there a Cig. in the future????????????

Gentlemen,
I am looking at a 93 Cafe this week. I could use some advice. Anyone have in specifications on this boat (weight, beam, performance w/ 500 HP, etc. Anything that I should take a real close look at on these boats ( weak points & problem areas). Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dail
Old 08-08-2005, 07:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Is there a Cig. in the future????????????

Are you going to look at the blue and pink cafe in maryland?
Old 08-08-2005, 09:20 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by BajaBennett
Gentlemen,
I am looking at a 93 Cafe this week. I could use some advice. Anyone have in specifications on this boat (weight, beam, performance w/ 500 HP, etc. Anything that I should take a real close look at on these boats ( weak points & problem areas). Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dail
I had a 94 pictured below
#9800 dry
Beam 8'
Mybet is low 70's with that power

Problems... have a survey done Leakdown on engines and have fun once everytihng flies.
Attached Thumbnails Is there a Cig. in the future????????????-1024ramp.jpg   Is there a Cig. in the future????????????-cafe.jpg  
Old 08-08-2005, 10:40 PM
Registered

Received 3,307 Likes on 1,075 Posts

Only weak point or problem area is they like to porpoise and they are heavy (only a problem if you're looking for a super fast boat). So the answer to those problems....Take it out in 4 footers and run a little tab!

By the way, if you are going to look at that one with pink motors the guy is really cool. I spoke with him a few times and almost bought that boat when I ended up buying the gun. That Cafe really looked clean from all the pics he sent.
Old 08-09-2005, 06:57 PM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 46 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
Only weak point or problem area is they like to porpoise and they are heavy (only a problem if you're looking for a super fast boat). So the answer to those problems....Take it out in 4 footers and run a little tab!

By the way, if you are going to look at that one with pink motors the guy is really cool. I spoke with him a few times and almost bought that boat when I ended up buying the gun. That Cafe really looked clean from all the pics he sent.
I don't know were that came from....My boat does not porpise. Remember most Cigarette's come from the 35 mold, they are just variation of the original. I have a 93 with that power you are looking at 70-71mph(blowers awaiting the rebuild) Great boat loves rough water I say buy it. You will wonder why people spend 30K more for 3 feet
Old 08-10-2005, 08:26 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank

mine don't porpoise neither...spechially sittin on the trayler

Seriously though... my boat does not porpoise whatsoever...could it be a Bravo boat only thing? Bravo Cafe owners care to chime in?
Old 08-10-2005, 08:44 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean
could it be a Bravo boat only thing? Bravo Cafe owners care to chime in?
A big factor is whether or not you have a notched transom.

My buddies 89 Cafe with TRS's porposes if you don't run some tab. It has a notched transom.

Another buddy with a 94 model and Bravo's does not porpose. No notch.

Finally, one more guy with a 95 and Bravo's has no porpose. No notch.

The notch doesn't seem to work as well on the Cafe as it does on the Top Gun's, depending on the application. While the TRS drive boats should ride better, the notch somehow throws off the balance. A TRS boat with no notch should ride fine from my experience. This is why I don't think many notched Cafe's were built.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:11 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i've never seen a cafe with a notch...

was this a factory "option" or owner installed?
Old 08-10-2005, 02:00 PM
Registered

Received 3,307 Likes on 1,075 Posts

Originally Posted by 4195
I don't know were that came from....My boat does not porpise. Remember most Cigarette's come from the 35 mold, they are just variation of the original. I have a 93 with that power you are looking at 70-71mph(blowers awaiting the rebuild) Great boat loves rough water I say buy it. You will wonder why people spend 30K more for 3 feet
I can only speak from experience. Every Cafe I've been in (only three of them, all Bravo boats) have porpoised.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:05 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean
i've never seen a cafe with a notch...

was this a factory "option" or owner installed?

LOL, it was factory installed. I think there are only a handful of them because it doesn't work.

Quick Reply: Is there a Cig. in the future????????????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.