1990 Cigarette Bullet on BoatTrader >

1990 Cigarette Bullet on BoatTrader

Notices

1990 Cigarette Bullet on BoatTrader

Old 01-22-2006, 10:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 1990 Cigarette Bullet on BoatTrader

well... I started this thread a week ago, and it looks like I will be closing the deal tomorrow. In one week I talked to the owner, finalized a price, got a marine survey, got loan approval and insurance. How that for record time?
Old 01-22-2006, 02:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by aquanucents
That 1990 Bullit you are talking about I looked at and drove in 2003 because I was thinking about buying it!! At that time Curt was asking about $95,000 for the boat, I offered him $90,000 and he countered at $91,500!! The hull at that time was in exellent shape, the motors sounded great, but there was some issues!!!!!!!!!!! Not all the new Gaffrig gages worked, for some reason there was a issue on the engine serial numbers, the electric bolsters didn't work, the biggest issue was the stainless headers were going to be removed and replaced with cast iron stock, it had K&M air filters that were not Coast Guard approved, and a few other mickey mouse things! I thought better of the deal and changed my mind and bought a cherry 28' Cigarette SS. I haven't seen the bullit lately, so I don't know what condition it's in now!!
Gary
Its been a pleasure working with you Clay. But if "Aquanucents" is willing to pay you 90k I say you jump on it and find another boat ASAP.

It must have been a really bad week for me. The boat was only listed at 74K and I turned down an offer of 90K!!!! What the heck was I thinking, LMAO??? I've been reluctant to sell, but thats just plain CRAZY.

Congrats. If you enjoy the boat half as much as I have, you'll have a great time.
Old 01-22-2006, 03:36 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats Clay, best of luck with the Cigarette!
Old 01-22-2006, 07:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CCPerformance
Its been a pleasure working with you Clay.

Congrats. If you enjoy the boat half as much as I have, you'll have a great time.
Thanks Curt. You have been very easy to work with during this entire process. Monday should be a happy day for both of us!
Old 01-23-2006, 06:16 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

CLAY!

Congrats ! I hope to catch a ride from ya when I make a trip to Travis! \

Need some pics when ya get it!!
Old 01-23-2006, 07:15 AM
Registered

Congrats on the new bullet.........

post some pics when it arrives...
Old 01-23-2006, 09:56 PM
Registered

Clay,
Congrats on your new bullet. I hope you have as much fun with yours as i do with mine, but seeing your other post--pics you'll probably have more.
Best of Luck
Mark
Old 01-24-2006, 12:00 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

real good looking boat, have fun and send pics.
Old 01-25-2006, 08:27 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Clay Washington
well... I started this thread a week ago, and it looks like I will be closing the deal tomorrow. In one week I talked to the owner, finalized a price, got a marine survey, got loan approval and insurance. How that for record time?
Congrats Clay! I would really love to jump on Schweeng's TG but my Cig purchase has been put on hold since Katrina. It hasn't been cancelled - only postponed! Need a new home first and I'm in the middle of opening a new business(priorities ).

The purchase of my Formula in 2000 went about as smooth as yours. It took a little closer to two weeks to finalize but it still was pretty quick considering some of the horror stories I've heard.

My brother-in-law and sister-in-law live in Smithville just outside of Austin. Next time we come to visit I'll PM you. Maybe hook up somewhere around the lake.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Croozin2
The purchase of my Formula in 2000 went about as smooth as yours. It took a little closer to two weeks to finalize but it still was pretty quick considering some of the horror stories I've heard.
It only took a week to get everything approved. But, it's gonna take another week to get everything mailed, signed, notarized, mailed back and finalized.

Bottom line... I should be the official owner by the end of the month.

Quick Reply: 1990 Cigarette Bullet on BoatTrader

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.