Classic Hawk Cigarettes show pics and info

Notices

Classic Hawk Cigarettes show pics and info

Old 02-13-2006, 04:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Classic Hawk Cigarettes show pics and info

Originally Posted by NJgr8ful
Amen brother! Great pics!!!!!! Thank you! ((I'll get to check out those links soon too))

OSO is amazing .. around the globe brotherhood

Thank you! Yes OSO is VERY GOOD! Much interesting info. It is easy to spend the whole night reading and forget to go to sleep....
Old 02-13-2006, 04:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by birdog
Fat Boy was a 90mph boat but, I think all the 90s had Hawk power when new. Dont know what the connection was between Cig & Hawk but, They sure used alot of Hawk power.
Mine was Hawk powered new.

I looked long & Hard at Locked & Loaded...Just didnt have the coin to re-do her right.
I also has understood that Hawk Power was an option for Cigarettes at that time. If you wanted more HP that Mercruiser could come up with you choosed the Hawk engines.

Craig Barrie seamed to have been in the control of Cigarette and at the same time he owned Hawk Marine Power!

Does anyone know more about this?

What happened to Hawk. Did they went broke when Cigarette did??

I found this info at www.dragonpowerboats.com :

"Craig Barrie, President of Dragon Powerboats Inc., founded the high performance boat manufacturer in early 2002. Craig’s background is unique in that he has significant experience designing high performance boats as well as managing the operation of large organizations. Craig started with Cigarette Racing Team in 1984. From 1984 to 1992, he was Vice President of Sales & Marketing and was responsible for reestablishing the dealer network and distribution model, expanding Cigarette into international markets and designing several boat models including Café Racer. From 1992 to 1999, he was President & CEO. As CEO, he managed the operation, including production, sales and marketing and was responsible for implementing a cost procedure for manufacturing boats with a correct bill of material and designing the company’s top three models – 38’ Top Gun, 46’ Rough Rider and the 42’ Tiger.

During his tenure at Cigarette, he was was President & Owner of Hawk Marine Power, a high performance engine manufacturer. At Hawk, he and Bud Lorow transformed the small engine manufacturer into a brand name which was the first engine manufacturer to launch superchargers into a successful marine application. From 1971 to 1984, Craig was a member of the senior management of Faberge, Inc., where he was Executive Vice President. At Faberge, he was responsible for $160 million of sales, managed 250 sales representatives, developed and implemented the concept of Faberge’s Organic Hair products, and relocated to England and France to launch Brut throughout Europe with the Faberge International companies."

PS: FAT BOY and all the 90 MPH Cigarettes are all my favorotes! I remember when they presented the 90 MPH Cigarette in the magazines, they where MAX at that time. I really wanted one....

Last edited by pokerrunsaland.com; 02-13-2006 at 05:03 AM.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:20 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I didnt know Craig owned Hawk...That explains alot ! ....
I remember the 90mph article in Boating Magazine...I think i wore it
out looking at it....The baddest boy out there then
Old 02-13-2006, 06:52 AM
Registered

heres a pix of my squadron hawk not sure if they made them or if the old owner put the decals on has cigarette hin 1983
Attached Thumbnails Classic Hawk Cigarettes show pics and info-merc-castings-032.jpg  
Old 02-13-2006, 07:43 AM
Registered

Received 101 Likes on 44 Posts

I think Craig got Hawk from Bobby S. of Apache if I remeber right.

Last edited by Nykamp; 02-13-2006 at 07:46 AM.
Old 02-19-2006, 12:28 PM
I'd rather be boating!
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by pokerrunsaland.com
Interesting! Do you have more pictures from your visit of the factory 1991?
This is all I could find. Rack at fort apache marina also. As I recall a Cig employee came out and asked us to stop taking pics .
Attached Thumbnails Classic Hawk Cigarettes show pics and info-cigfactory2-medium-.jpg   Classic Hawk Cigarettes show pics and info-cigfactory3-medium-.jpg   Classic Hawk Cigarettes show pics and info-fort-apache-91-medium-.jpg  

Old 02-22-2006, 01:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by inbetween
This is all I could find. Rack at fort apache marina also. As I recall a Cig employee came out and asked us to stop taking pics .

Thank you! I like these historical pictures!

I hope that many of you can show more of these historical pictures!

I have digitalised a poster made with my 1988 Cigarette 38 TG Hawk!
Attached Thumbnails Classic Hawk Cigarettes show pics and info-b%E5t2small.gif  

Last edited by pokerrunsaland.com; 02-22-2006 at 01:15 PM.
Old 03-14-2006, 12:04 AM
Registered

TO: pokerrunsaland.com and anyone interested in classic Cigarette Hawk Top Gun boats...

In regard to your thread #24, I currently own the 1987 Cigarette Hawk featured in the Forbes "Best of the Best" magazine.

It was the factory media boat which appeared in brochures. Don Aronow sold it to Jeff Friedman who sold it to Jack Gill of Gill Marine. Jack sold it to a Mr. Jerry Meyers in Cleveland, OH who relocated the boat to Michigan. I bought it from Jerry Meyers, I believe in 1996. The hull has less than 200 hrs. on it since NEW. The engines each have 5.3 hrs. on them since NEW!!

I have tastefully and elegantly updated the boat with new 572 cu in engines, custom built by Mel Riggs in Fond du Lac, WI area. The boat originally came with Hawk 540's but with Crower rods and crank. All the best goodies are in the engines now with Carillo rods, Callies crank, Crane roller rockers, J&E pistons, DART heads and intake and a Holley 1150 double pumper. SSMIII drives overhauled. New CMI exhaust fitted with Northstar exhaust tips, due to noise level restrictions. But, plenty of power though and still a good exhaust note. Almost as nice as my Ferraris.

Painted the old flat black dash white to match the hull with new Gaffrig gauges and a custom Team Marine dash (OEM for Cigarette), all appropriate gauging location as it was in 1987. White gauges with yellow bezels, as an accent to match the paint theme. I changed out the engine cover pad with a new one featuring the Cigarette logo, as you can see by the photos. Again, tastefully updated.

Original light grey leather interior with many, many little leather pillows, as this was THE show boat of the day for Cigarette!! Original bolsters and original hull paint and graphics. Hawk logo is beautifully airbrushed, as original. The whole boat is in mint condition and has lived in a climate controlled airplane hangar with a Dassualt Falcon 10 corporate jet since my ownership, except when it was getting the new engines fitted and dash redone.

Target trailer is still original with (7) new tires and wheel bearings.

This boat is for seriously for sale and is perhaps one of the nicest classics left. I'm sure it is lowest time hull out there in a classic Hawk Top Gun series. I have no idea what the value is on something like this. If anyone desires to own one of the best classics ever built by Cigarette, please send me an email: [email protected]

Thanks,
Dave Korn
Old 11-30-2008, 06:07 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Great old thread TTT
Old 11-30-2008, 12:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

great thread is right... good reading...

Quick Reply: Classic Hawk Cigarettes show pics and info

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.