Notices

New Cig Owner

Old 05-23-2006, 12:00 PM
Charter Member#330
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: New Cig Owner

Nice looking gun.
You need to join the Chicago Powerboat Club.

Stop by Hammond Marina's T dock. We have over 15 offshore boats between Tdock and V-Dock. Ranging from a 27 Power quest to a 41 Apache.

Don't be afraid of the TRS's with 420 HP they will hold up just fine. There is always the Konrad Conversion also.

Most of us in Hammond do all our own work so we can give you some pointers if you need.

I also have a brother that does boat maintenance in the Chicago harbors. He has lots of connection on the High Performance side of things and he is a Konrad Dealer.

Good luck with the new ride and we will see you on the lake.

Mark
Old 05-23-2006, 12:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You all should get a kick out of this! For those of you that don't know Monroe Harbor it primarily a sail boat harbor so they don't think too much of us high performance boaters. So sure enough I'm cruising around the harbor stopping in front of the harbor masters office with the A$$ end of the boat pointed right at the harbor office with all the ladies in it and all the sail boat owners waiting for the tender service.

Well I tie up and head to the office and while the lady that spoke to me was nice and asked if the next time I came over I would park the back of the boat opposite the harbor office because the noise was killing them!!! ha ha

Meanwhile I could hear all the other ladies andl the sail boaters *****ing about how load it was...I told them tough Sh*t I pay the same amount if not more so deal with it. On the flip side I did meet a lot of nice people there also.
Old 05-23-2006, 12:12 PM
Registered

Thanks Mark I definately will and look forward to meeting you and the rest of the crew. Hands down I will take you up on explaining some things that may not make sense to this nube...I've come a long way from my dads 20 Champion bass boat to this monster.....hope you all get a kick out that...believe it or not Sunday was only my second time driving the boat and I was able to dock it and hock up to my mooring by myself so it so far so good.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:31 PM
Registered

Location: Where the water meets the oaks 'n Pines in the Sierra Nevada's of NorCal
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice looking Cig and congrats. More Pics please

And by-the-way Welcome to OSO. :

GoCiggie
Old 05-23-2006, 05:30 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Enjoy it, looks great !

There is nothing wrong with the trs set up you have. I've had a few boats with those drives and had very few problems. I had a 91 TG with 525 Hawk blower motors in it & had no problems with the drives for the two years we had it.

Lucky Strike
Old 05-23-2006, 06:36 PM
Registered

Received 3,227 Likes on 1,047 Posts

Congrats!! that thing looks great! Let's see some more pics.
Old 05-23-2006, 06:57 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice. Just my opinion, but I prefer TRS to Bravos. Its nice to make it back with power on both sides.
Old 05-23-2006, 07:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

great looking rig, would love to see some more pics of it up close... good luck with her and wlecome...
Old 05-23-2006, 07:39 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice looking boat. I really like the paint.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:19 PM
Registered

Nice looking ride. I agree with Mark you need to join the Chicago Powerboat Club. There are alot of great guys and gals in the club. I am sure there are quite a few folks that would be glad to show you the ropes. If I were you I would get that boat in rack storage somewhere, leaving any boat in the water can be its owe adventure.

Quick Reply: New Cig Owner

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.