best prop on Gladiator >

best prop on Gladiator

Notices

best prop on Gladiator

Old 08-16-2006, 09:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: best prop on Gladiator

I tried the maximus 5-blade 32p, it didn't work for me I couldn't spin them, best rpm 5100 and lost 6 mph. I just recently tried 5 blade hydro P5X 29p, a little to small. My boat runs about the same with the Hydro P5X, bravo 4-blade 32 and bravo 4-blade labbed 34. Future props I will be testing are Maximus labbed 30p, hydro P5X 30p and 31p. I keep you all posted as I get to try the other props. I bought a set of Herring 5-blade 30p, no real data to report except the kept cracking, started at 3 hours. I have a friend with a big power TG and he replaced Herring with Hydro P5X and they ran identical at half the price.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:18 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by TSUNAMIRACING
I tried the maximus 5-blade 32p, it didn't work for me I couldn't spin them, best rpm 5100 and lost 6 mph. I just recently tried 5 blade hydro P5X 29p, a little to small. My boat runs about the same with the Hydro P5X, bravo 4-blade 32 and bravo 4-blade labbed 34. Future props I will be testing are Maximus labbed 30p, hydro P5X 30p and 31p. I keep you all posted as I get to try the other props. I bought a set of Herring 5-blade 30p, no real data to report except the kept cracking, started at 3 hours. I have a friend with a big power TG and he replaced Herring with Hydro P5X and they ran identical at half the price.

This is great info. I had never heard of Hydro before. I guess there are a few more options out there. This also confirms what Phil at lip-ship said about the maximus, that it would kill your top end. Also interesting to hear that your herrings kept cracking. I will interested on your tests of the hydro p5x 30p and 31p, seems like you should get better performance out of a slightly large prop.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:20 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by pm203
If you want to try the 5 blade Mercs, here are the reccomended part #s .

L-48-889970L64
R-48-889971L64

Thanks for this, i think i am going to pass on the maximus, think there is enough data out there that says no to these.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:06 AM
Registered

Hydromotive are the props I was referring about.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:09 AM
Registered

The maximus prop will work they just need alot of work the other prop are better out of the box. I know a few people using the maximus, the need to lab finished, the difusser ring must be removed and possibly even cut down in diameter. I top gun 39 went from bravo 4-blade 32p to a set of maximus labbed 30p and picked up 2.5 mph. I'll let you know if I find out more these are one of the props I'd like to test.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:15 AM
Registered

I have an 01 Top Gun with 500efi and Vor Techs,it runs 99mph with the 5 blade Maximus 32s labbed and cut to 15 and a quarter diameter,gets on plane very well,just a little too tall,turning only 5000rpm,should be at 5400.Has Imco shorty lowers.The props I run everyday are Hydro PX5s,29s,not labbed,but defuser cut,and they struggle more to get on plane,but run well thru cruise range,top out at 95 on the limiter,5700rpm.Those Maximus props are fast,they were cupped a little differently than the way Merc is currently doing them Im told,they are the best props by far that Sunsation has found for the new 43 F4 with 600s,they still have mine now.I dont know if I should have them tweaked or get another set of 30s to get in the right rpm range,more to come there I guess.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:01 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by TSUNAMIRACING
The maximus prop will work they just need alot of work the other prop are better out of the box. I know a few people using the maximus, the need to lab finished, the difusser ring must be removed and possibly even cut down in diameter. I top gun 39 went from bravo 4-blade 32p to a set of maximus labbed 30p and picked up 2.5 mph. I'll let you know if I find out more these are one of the props I'd like to test.

Cigarette told me to use the maximus 15.25 32p lab's. But who could do the additional work on the prop for me? Interesting that you actualy picked up top speed with the maximus. Thats first time i have heard that, although it looks like the post above also has picked up top speed with the maximus. Maybe its not too bad of an option if someone can get it worked over right. In the mean time i just got another bravo 34p lab to use while i figure out what to change too. Thanks guys for the feedback.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:51 PM
The Senior Charter Member #1070
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Save your money and go with the 32 p Maximus...
Regards
Old 08-17-2006, 02:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tbonepmp
Save your money and go with the 32 p Maximus...
Regards

i would like to but whats all this talk about having them cut further down in diameter and cutting the diffuser??? No one has a gladiator with 525's and sportmasters that can give me exact performance numbers especially if it sounds like they have to be tweaked in addition to being labbed.
Old 08-17-2006, 02:16 PM
Registered

Mine were cut down from 15 5/8. .My defuser ring is not cut on the Maximus.I think you can buy them at 15 1/4. Its a hell of a prop for the money!

Quick Reply: best prop on Gladiator

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.