Any Pictures of your fountain??
Old 11-29-2006, 04:05 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Re: 42 x with big power

Originally Posted by waterboy38
Joe were do these fountain guys come from this guy runafever is knocking cigarette and thinks that fountain boats are better.

as for your 39 it is sweet

Bobby B WaterBoy38

ahhhh... he's not giving me (the Cig. gang) a hard time at all ------- no worries.... No body guard necessary here, Waterboy....
Old 11-29-2006, 04:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are all playing nicely! Since you asked I will post a few. Joe or anyone in the Cig forum please do not be offended that I am posting F pics hear. Sorry The only files I have to down load are too big here is a link
www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-10991.html
Old 11-30-2006, 06:24 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you much for all the feed back guy's ,we plan on hitting the Miami show in Feb to see these boats first hand and hopefully get a sea trial ,the 42x is an exceptional looking ride in my opinion.

However It appears that we will be hard pressed to even come close to our 37' cat performance on the Chesapeake Bay, dead solid ride at speed and our normal 35 to 3800rpm cruise speeds with a pleasure deep V .

We have 4 or 5 months to decide and if the deep V i just wont work for us,, I am entertaining our current power in a 44 MTI, they have a lot more room in the cock pit than we have in the 37.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:27 AM
Registered

Received 938 Likes on 505 Posts

Originally Posted by runafever
We are all playing nicely! Since you asked I will post a few. Joe or anyone in the Cig forum please do not be offended that I am posting F pics hear. Sorry The only files I have to down load are too big here is a link
www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-10991.html

Nice boat, but it is no Cigarette. Fountains are like Corvettes, they are fast, cheap compared to the competition and everyone has one. Cigarette has produced like 700 Top Guns in 20 years whereas Fountain has mass produced their 38 or 42 (whichever you think is comparable to the TG). I am not knocking Fountains and love the 42's but just think they need to have Lip Ship finish one so the world can see the potential that Fountain could have as a custom boat.
Old 11-30-2006, 09:14 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Nice boat, but it is no Cigarette. Fountains are like Corvettes, they are fast, cheap compared to the competition and everyone has one. Cigarette has produced like 700 Top Guns in 20 years whereas Fountain has mass produced their 38 or 42 (whichever you think is comparable to the TG). I am not knocking Fountains and love the 42's but just think they need to have Lip Ship finish one so the world can see the potential that Fountain could have as a custom boat.
I'm a Fountain guy but would love to own a Cigarette one day. Even as a Fountain owner I agree with the post above. Cigarette rigging of the wires under the dash and all the little Lipship details is a major step above what Fountain does. None of these details make the hull or mounting of equipment any better than Fountain but it all is just so much more neat and clean looking. Fountain hull technology, layup and build quality is top notch but I wish they would seriously work on the electrical rigging, especially under the dash and so forth.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:38 AM
Registered

I absolutely agree with FevreMike. Rigging needs to be a lot cleaner to compete with Cigarette. Cig Rigging and detail is top notch but it should be they are more$$ A new 39 unltd. would definately be on my short list if $ weren't a factor. Also would be a New 42 lightning with stag 700s.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:02 PM
Registered

Our 42X has Keith Eikart motors in her and I was in the boat last summer towards the end of the summer and I saw 114-115. Every day it would go 109-111. These are with merc props too nothing fancy like herings. With herings I know we would pick up a few mph probablly 2-4mph. We have borla mufflers as well. The Cigs are a great boat and have a supurb fit and finish. Our friend has Vand's old boat and I have been in that with the mufflers and everything at 107. I think in the right conditions the boat would go 109-110. I also believe that lots of the reasons are the setups and rigging.

Either way you would have a blast. Ours and our buddies is for sale. They are some of the cleanest cigs on the market today. PM me if you are intrested.
Hunna
Old 11-30-2006, 05:58 PM
Registered

It Truly Amazes Me That The Technology Curve Is Getting So Good Across The Board. I Love The Cig Lines In General, I Think You Have To Find The Cockpit And Cabin Setup That Works For You And Build The Performance Around That. Outerlimits As Stated Earlier Has Unbelievable Advancements With Their New 46 Outrunning Their 42 By 5 Or 10 Mph With Similar Ammenities And Power. It Is Truly Difficult To Pull The Trigger On Any Of These Models If You Are Truly Able To Purchase In These Dollar Amounts Because There Are Great Products Coming From Alot Of The Manufacturers. Good Luck In Your Shopping. I HAVE Been Shopping For A Good Used Cig Or Ol Since I Sold My 38 In July. A Lot Of Great Boats Out There.

Ps Waterboy38, Were You Never Taught To Be Respectful And Play Nicely With Others. Shocked At Your Rudeness For A Lurker!

Quick Reply: 42 x with big power

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.