Gold Member

Received 91 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Re: One of my favorite Cigarettes is for sale

Sorry For The Pics ...............i Just Like Seeing My Boat On My Computer
Old 11-12-2006, 10:31 AM
Registered

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

I would love to own speed racer(cigarette) or any of the F2 boats for that matter. But am I missing something about these retired race boats?? They are pretty much all for sale right now and usually come up for sale every year. Right now the;

Lucky Strike F2
Speed racer F2
Maxx F2
Phils old single step 99' F2
Wilds straight bottom 99' F2
are all for sale --- is there something about these boats that makes them handle differently? As all of these boats have either tradsed hands in the last year or haven't sold for over a year( single step) what's up with this?
I personnaly would think that having no cabin in a bolster boat would be great -- nothing to break, and much lighter-- does this cause them to ride bow high?

All of them are beautiful boats, not meaning to rub anyone the wrong way just asking the question as I find myself looking at the ads more and more.

Thanks for any insight.

Dave
Old 11-12-2006, 05:25 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 809 Likes on 263 Posts

Lucky is for sale because they are ALWAYS looking to move up......
SpeedRacer has not been for sale in a few years.
Maxx has been for sale forever, I believe it's over priced.
Phils single step boat is a tough sell as it is ..ahh.....let's say "unique".....
Wild is looking to move to something a bit faster.

That's my take on the situation.......but who am I to guess......
Old 11-12-2006, 05:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice boat, but...

Dreamer's Playboy is my all time favorite boat!
Old 11-13-2006, 09:55 PM
Registered

Received 166 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by delsol
I would love to own speed racer(cigarette) or any of the F2 boats for that matter. But am I missing something about these retired race boats?? They are pretty much all for sale right now and usually come up for sale every year. Right now the;

Lucky Strike F2
Speed racer F2
Maxx F2
are all for sale --- is there something about these boats that makes them handle differently? As all of these boats have either tradsed hands in the last year or haven't sold for over a year( single step) what's up with this?
I personnaly would think that having no cabin in a bolster boat would be great -- nothing to break, and much lighter-- does this cause them to ride bow high?

All of them are beautiful boats, not meaning to rub anyone the wrong way just asking the question as I find myself looking at the ads more and more.

Thanks for any insight.

Dave
Cash Bar is right. Our boat is always for sale, hell you could have bought it the day after we bought it if you wanted it bad enough. The boat rides great and we have no complaints. It is also very fuel efficient, we just completed the Key West Poker Run (165) miles and burned 108 gallons of fuel. The whole drive train is fresh and the boat runs 93mph. If the boat sells then we will buy something else that has caught our eye, if not we will keep on enjoying our F2 Gun.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:32 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cash Bar has enunciated himself clearly. I have been looking for a cabinless cigarette for a year now. For my personality and boating style, Lucky Strike's F2 is a hands down winner. Knowing the boat previously from Ca, I was never physically out on it. Hooking up with Steve in Key West for a few high speed passes really solidified the boat's handling characteristics. Acceleration is stout. Never skipped out even at hard turns at 55 MPH. Fuel efficient. Lightweight and well rigged by Phil. For me, the boat runs outstanding!

Hugh
Old 11-14-2006, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

Again, I did not ask the question with any intent to discredit any of these boats -- they're all beautiful! I guess I just have a feeling if I was to find myself owning one I can't see selling it anytime soon.
By the way Pool whore, I like what you did to the paint. I have found myself looking at your boat also -- but again I could see myself yanking the cabin out of it -- which I realize doesn't make sense
Old 11-14-2006, 10:09 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too have considered taking a sawzall to the cabin and putting in a pair of 700 Zuls with Konrad drives. The boat would definitely FLY! However, when I came back to Earth and realized that by dumping in a load of cash, and desecrating a beautiful boat, that I'll take one that is already tuned for the race course. I could drop 70K into her easily, but still have a boat that is worth maybe 80K. And she will be thirsty. Just my thoughts.

Hugh
Old 11-14-2006, 12:48 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by delsol

Lucky Strike F2
Speed racer F2
Maxx F2

Thanks for any insight.

Dave

I just get tired of having the same boat, i have had 3 boats in 5 years, the cig is by far the best and i will be in a 39 or 42 next unless i get stupid and get a cat.

Wild
Old 11-14-2006, 09:44 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 809 Likes on 263 Posts

Originally Posted by Wild
unless i get stupid and get a cat.

Wild

Get?

Quick Reply: One of my favorite Cigarettes is for sale

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.