Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Striat tigers & 6's >

Striat tigers & 6's

Notices

Striat tigers & 6's

Old 03-10-2007, 10:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the info. GLH I'll visit with you in a few days and Fred I'll ive you a call to to visit.
Old 03-10-2007, 10:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by thisistank
I think I just figured out what you are talking about! It just nawed at me since I've NEVER heard the straight Tigers were built for bravos.

The information you may have been given was probably about the twin step Tiger. The first T/S Tigers were def. built for Bravo/XR application. As a matter of fact, they handled like CRAP when big power and 6's were put to them, thus the 42X was produced that moved the steps to handle the CG issues.
Make sense
Old 03-16-2007, 09:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by thisistank
The information you may have been given was probably about the twin step Tiger. The first T/S Tigers were def. built for Bravo/XR application. As a matter of fact, they handled like CRAP when big power and 6's were put to them, thus the 42X was produced that moved the steps to handle the CG issues.

Ok so a follow up question. If the twin step tigers didn't like the 6's. What about converting a ITS bravo boat to a Konrad boat?

The stand off boxes would be the same length as the ITS boxes and the motors don't have to move. You're hanging some more weight off the transom with the heavier drives and the transmissions.

Anyone know if it's been done. I hate being the first to do something. Steep curve!
Old 03-16-2007, 11:40 AM
FOUNDER and BG1
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you're going to own a straight hull Tiger I agree that there is no choice but to go with #6s. On the flip side (as Tank said) the stepped Tigers were built/tested with Bravos in mind. The boat he is speaking about that was tested with #6s and then converted back to a Bravo setup was actually out here on the west coast.

Two questions I have (since I've been out of the loop for so long) ... is there a stepped Tiger out there with #6s now? If so, how does it run? Second ... I always assumed that the stepped Top Guns were built with the same application in mind (Bravos) yet we have a member (Tom) who runs a stepped Top Gun with #6s and that thing runs like a bat out of hell!
Old 03-16-2007, 11:41 AM
FOUNDER and BG1
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Von Bongo
Ok so a follow up question. If the twin step tigers didn't like the 6's. What about converting a ITS bravo boat to a Konrad boat?

The stand off boxes would be the same length as the ITS boxes and the motors don't have to move. You're hanging some more weight off the transom with the heavier drives and the transmissions.

Anyone know if it's been done. I hate being the first to do something. Steep curve!
I highyly doubt the marginally heavier Konrads (over the ITS Bravos) would change the boat's ride characteristics. The change is marginal compared to #6s (which are both heavier and stand off considerably more from the transom).
Old 03-16-2007, 12:00 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeffrey
Second ... I always assumed that the stepped Top Guns were built with the same application in mind (Bravos) yet we have a member (Tom) who runs a stepped Top Gun with #6s and that thing runs like a bat out of hell!
Steps or no steps..........It's all about setup!!
Attached Thumbnails Striat tigers & 6's-cambridge054.jpeg  
Old 03-16-2007, 12:13 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Two questions I have (since I've been out of the loop for so long) ... is there a stepped Tiger out there with #6s now? If so, how does it run?

Second ... I always assumed that the stepped Top Guns were built with the same application in mind (Bravos) yet we have a member (Tom) who runs a stepped Top Gun with #6s and that thing runs like a bat out of hell!

The #6 T/S Tigers porpose a lot. I've ran right next to one with 900 Sterlings for roughly 40 miles and it bounced the whole way. It was pretty fast though. The owner ended up buying a 42X.

Your friends' Top Gun is the only one I've heard of with 6's that runs good.

Here's the 42
Attached Thumbnails Striat tigers & 6's-p2210078.jpg   Striat tigers & 6's-p2210077.jpg  
Old 03-16-2007, 12:34 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

All the 42X, stagger and three steps, Cigarette's have number 6's except the few triple Bravo ones and one staggered 525 Bravo boat. I've run with a couple 42x's with #6's and the one 525 boat with bravos and they both seemed to handle fine.
Old 03-16-2007, 12:43 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,248 Likes on 541 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by OldSchool
Steps or no steps..........It's all about setup!!
That's a GREAT picture.
Old 03-16-2007, 12:59 PM
Registered

Received 3,219 Likes on 1,044 Posts

I always assumed that the stepped Top Guns were built with the same application in mind (Bravos) yet we have a member (Tom) who runs a stepped Top Gun with #6s and that thing runs like a bat out of hell!

Good point

Quick Reply: Striat tigers & 6's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.