Why Cant I sell My Top Gun???

Notices

Why Cant I sell My Top Gun???

Old 03-20-2007, 12:51 PM
FOUNDER and BG1
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by maxonmike
Thanks to all for the input... One more question... If $175,000 is too high of a price ... What is the right price that I should ask???
Mike - My advice is to hold on your asking price for now. It's not unreasonable (as asking prices go). The boating season is just around the corner for many parts of the country so sit tight another month or so. If you don't see any action then drop the price a bit. Someone else mentioned a trailer. Believe it or not that makes a difference. 90% of the time boats sell with a trailer. If someone has to buy a trailer your boat becomes a $185,000 boat. It starts to get close to newer TS Guns.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Von Bongo
You only need 1 buyer.

Don't look at 8 months because boats don't move much over the winter. However you should be getting major action right now and if you aren't then you have to look at price.

It's already been said but, custom power, no trailer, hatch scoops and no swim platform are some hold backs. 700 and bravos(xr's?) will be another question. Also you say it's the lowest priced TS, but it's also the oldest. I saw a 2001 listed for the same price with a myco trailer. That’s what a $10K upgrade? And there’s a 2001 listed for $169 with vortechs (another draw back), but a newer boat and lower priced.

My rule of thumb is, if I am not getting serious interest then I am 5% or more above the current market.

I am not trying to criticize your boat but since I just sold my 1997 TG and am now looking for its replacement this is what is going through my mind as a buyer when I look at it.

Where did it go ? who bought it ?
Old 03-20-2007, 03:00 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff32
I'm not a pro in these highdollar boats but I think Drypipe Tiger has his 2000 tiger for sale in this price range even maybe a little lower than that... also twin 700's...
DPT sold his boat back in December or January...

So he is now No Pipe Tiger / NPT
Old 03-20-2007, 03:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tanner
Where did it go ? who bought it ?
A board member bought it that lives about 15 minutes away and saw it last year on a poker run.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

It's all a bought price , we listed our Gun for almost 1 year at the same price as all the other comparable rigs and only attracted brokers and tire kickers.

In Sept of 06 not wanting to store 3 boats again for the Winter I dropped the price another 20k and had immidiate action.

Three months later I handed over my Title to one happy new owner.

As I have seen written in these threads before and it stands true,it's much harder to sell them then it is to buy them!

Great looking rig good luck with your sale.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:21 PM
Registered

Received 68 Likes on 26 Posts

[QUOTE=jeff1000man;2064536]

I personally love the look of these boats, but they have no cabin, and when you get them up to WOT they feel like you are floating. I sm sticking with flat bottom boats for now.

I had an 03' TG TS w/ 525's and I think the Top Guns have a pretty big cabin when setup with the extended cover girl.

I also think they are rock solid at speed. Mine was not scary at all at 86-87 mph. I have a friend that had one that did over 100 mph and he was very happy with it at those speeds. IMHO Top Gun TS's are great handling boats.

DK
Old 03-20-2007, 04:24 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

[QUOTE=ktron;2064905]
Originally Posted by jeff1000man

I personally love the look of these boats, but they have no cabin, and when you get them up to WOT they feel like you are floating. I sm sticking with flat bottom boats for now.

I had an 03' TG TS w/ 525's and I think the Top Guns have a pretty big cabin when setup with the extended cover girl.

I also think they are rock solid at speed. Mine was not scary at all at 86-87 mph. I have a friend that had one that did over 100 mph and he was very happy with it at those speeds. IMHO Top Gun TS's are great handling boats.

DK
Matter of opinion I guess. I didn't know I wasn't allowed to have one. I am used to huge cabins all the way to the nose, and not spilling my mixed drink off the dash. Thanks a lot for all of your opinions also.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:24 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

I was in a T/S gun at 86 and it was solid as a rock!!
Old 03-20-2007, 04:44 PM
Registered

Price Price Price... It may be worth every penny, but if no one is jumping at it, then in this market it no longer is worth that price. You can "sell it" or you "can see what you can get for it"

There has been quite a few guns that have sold over the last few months, as Wild Warrior said he dropped 20k to get action.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:01 PM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by GLH
DPT sold his boat back in December or January...

So he is now No Pipe Tiger / NPT
I did'nt know that! What is he getting next?

Quick Reply: Why Cant I sell My Top Gun???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.