Notices

Who's tiger for sale?

Old 04-04-2007, 01:17 PM
Registered

Received 3,258 Likes on 1,054 Posts

[QUOTE=Tbonepmp;2081519]
Originally Posted by tim mccray
I never changed the gears and I'm not sure what ratio it had.QUOTE]

If it has not been changed, it has the 1:6 in it.
Three days were spent at Lake-X testing every combination known to man at the time on that tiger. X-dimension, props, rotation, etc... When it was built, it was the fastest Merc. 900sc powered Tiger.
Regards
The gears were never changed on the 6's...They are running the original 1:6 ratio...Tim was the first one to re-power...Jim Neeley, who was the second owner didn't do anything to it and the original owner (from Florida) ran it stock for a year or two before selling to Jim.

Though the easy fix is to swap the drives and run the correct props...you'll see 100 just with those minor fixes with out opening the drives. Kenny Boyces Tiger (american flagged Tiger "Illusion") is running up near 100 with the stock 900's, correct props, turning in.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:42 PM
The Senior Charter Member #1070
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=thisistank;2081778]
Originally Posted by Tbonepmp

The gears were never changed on the 6's...They are running the original 1:6 ratio...Tim was the first one to re-power...Jim Neeley, who was the second owner didn't do anything to it and the original owner (from Florida) ran it stock for a year or two before selling to Jim.

Though the easy fix is to swap the drives and run the correct props...you'll see 100 just with those minor fixes with out opening the drives. Kenny Boyces Tiger (american flagged Tiger "Illusion") is running up near 100 with the stock 900's, correct props, turning in.
Jeff Filmore, the original owner, had the engines rebuilt by Mercury prior to selling the boat to Jim Neeley.
Regards
Old 04-04-2007, 02:39 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Class is in session

Tiger history 101.. Amazing how much stuff you can find out about a boat before you buy it when you use the internet. To bad you can't do that with women.... Not that I'm buying any... Right now... Ever....Anyway...
Old 04-04-2007, 04:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tim mccray
Tiger history 101.. Amazing how much stuff you can find out about a boat before you buy it when you use the internet. To bad you can't do that with women.... Not that I'm buying any... Right now... Ever....Anyway...
Old 04-04-2007, 04:06 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=Tbonepmp;2081811]
Originally Posted by thisistank

Jeff Filmore, the original owner, had the engines rebuilt by Mercury prior to selling the boat to Jim Neeley.
Regards
Jim also had the motors freshened while he owned it...Tim also had them freshened before he even put the new motors in...I'm not counting freshening of motors since it seems these big blower motors need it every 1-200 hours.