Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Painting The Cig...... Want Input.... >

Painting The Cig...... Want Input....

Notices

Painting The Cig...... Want Input....

Old 04-25-2007, 06:11 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Painting The Cig...... Want Input....

I'm painting the Playboy. I am trying to decide on going all white with the red stripe, All White, or keeping it the same. I reallly like an all white boat, and the blue seems to scuff everytime something touches it. Would like to hear from you guys on your opinions. Or even some other options.

I tried to post a pic, but it's not working..... The boat is white on top, blue on the sides. with a red stripe at the bottom.......

Last edited by Tricky919; 04-25-2007 at 06:18 AM.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:27 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 85 Likes on 32 Posts

I am a huge fan of the two tone and would leave it that way.
I think it is so timeless and elegant.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:31 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My boat and I like this Cig.
I like Dreamer's but have no pics.
Attached Thumbnails Painting The Cig...... Want Input....-023_19a.jpg   Painting The Cig...... Want Input....-12876.jpg  
Old 04-25-2007, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 413 Likes on 231 Posts

Here ya go.................
Attached Thumbnails Painting The Cig...... Want Input....-80111418_1.jpg   Painting The Cig...... Want Input....-80111418_3.jpg   Painting The Cig...... Want Input....-c.jpg  

Old 04-25-2007, 10:15 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

If it were me, I would repaint it without the Playboy logos, move the red stripe up to clear the steps and put a larger Cigarette logo on the back. Love the looks of those boats.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:25 AM
Registered

Received 413 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom A.
If it were me, I would repaint it without the Playboy logos, move the red stripe up to clear the steps and put a larger Cigarette logo on the back. Love the looks of those boats.
From what I know, he took the playboy logos off before it even left cumberland.....................
Old 04-25-2007, 08:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the Playboy logos. I dont like an all white boat and I think a red stripe will make the boat look old. Primary white with blues and yellows. Cigarette in cursive down the deck, cigarette logos on the rear, with some cool paint. I would put some thought and have someone do some renderings, than post.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:14 PM
Registered

Could try to mix the red with Silver...don't have a pic handy but one of the guys out here in SCOPE re-did his Formula 382 (we all know the graphics from Formula need a little help) anyway he stripped the boat all white and then painted it all silver and did some deeper silver stipes down the top and in the stitch of the engine hatch in white...came out killer.

Also there is a guy re-painting a old cafe on here that is doing it in Silver with highlighted purple graphics.

Good luck.

Jimbo
Old 04-26-2007, 04:08 PM
Registered

That burgandy is a beautiful shade (like red wine)! Although not typical Cigarette, very classy.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

J Bonz is correct, the Playboy Logos were taken off by me, before i left Cumberland. It was a little much for my taste. I'm thinking maybe go with the blue again and adding some silver in the Cig logo, and making it bigger and more modern. I do like all white boats, but it may look dated all white. Thanks for the help.......

Quick Reply: Painting The Cig...... Want Input....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.